Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #71
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
Rogue drained the powers of Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel (NOT a mutant) and owing to the intensity of the confilct, the result was permanent. Carol later became Binary, another powerful hero. Rogue has Carol's memories and personality mixed with her own. She effectively has two minds-- making her resistant to telepathy.
I am a bit of a comic purist... I see no need to alter the storylines or characters as much as they have. I hate the way Mystiques looks, for example.
And the Phoenix business is better as presented in the comic-- an alien force.
Try approaching the movies more on the level of what Peter Jackson has done with LoTR. He has altered many small 'facts' in the story, but kept true to the soul of the work. I feel Bryan Singer has done the same with the Xmen stories. Besides, if he was going to just do a straight transposition from comic to film there would be no surprise! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 04:54 PM   #72
MagiK

Anyone else like the fact that when Wolverine figured out what was happening in the Mansion that there wasn't any of the wussy "ahhh I can't hurt anyone even if they are trying to kill us" attitude...it was just all out fury and slice and dice with the claws....exactly how I would imagine Wolverine would react. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #73
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I loved that. I can't imagine Wolverine sneaking about, just slice and dice, as you said. I loved when he got shot in the head then walked off. And when Pyro burnt them all!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #74
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, I liked it too. But, as I've said, my wife was aghast. I mean these agents were just going in to investigate a possible terrorist mutant group that was known to have military-level hardware, and he KILLED them. I mean, they weren't even using bullets, for Chrissake!

One more reason I support mutant registration. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #75
MagiK

Ohh but TL we have the inside skinny on the motivations behind the "government officials" behind that mission, and if Im not mistaken any operation like Alkali Lake would be waaay beyond denial of constitutional rights...at that point it comes time for the Militia's to put them back in their place...in this case Mutant Militias [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Down with Mutant Registration!!!!!

[ 05-05-2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #76
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Yeah, I liked it too. But, as I've said, my wife was aghast. I mean these agents were just going in to investigate a possible terrorist mutant group that was known to have military-level hardware, and he KILLED them. I mean, they weren't even using bullets, for Chrissake!

One more reason I support mutant registration. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
They were invading his home, and harming/kidnapping the people he was charged to protect. Personally I feel Wolverine's actions were entirely justified.

Also given his exchange with Stryker at the end it made it clear that the Logan who is part of the Xmen is a different person, choosing a different path, then the Logan that volunteered for the WeaponX project.

Edit: Also, unless I mistaking the timeline, the first one he tried to subdue in the kitchen opened up with live fire from his machine gun.

[ 05-05-2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #77
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

So, you're telling me if you've got a modified SR-71 in your basement and a fully functioning WoMD in your cellar (Cerebro is capable of killing everyone everywhere or just one person anywhere) you have a right to defend your home with lethal force? You are simply wrong wrong wrong. Ask the folks at Waco how wrong you are. No warrant is even needed in such circumstances.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #78
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Edit: Also, unless I mistaking the timeline, the first one he tried to subdue in the kitchen opened up with live fire from his machine gun.
Yeah, cops do that when you try to fight back and are considered armed and dangerous. Just like the nerveous young cadet who didn't know those three knives couldn't be thrown when they were pointed at him and shot Logan in the head.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:19 PM   #79
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
So, you're telling me if you've got a modified SR-71 in your basement and a fully functioning WoMD in your cellar (Cerebro is capable of killing everyone everywhere or just one person anywhere) you have a right to defend your home with lethal force? You are simply wrong wrong wrong. Ask the folks at Waco how wrong you are. No warrant is even needed in such circumstances.
But Logan did not know who was attacking. Only that someone was. From what I could see of the uniforms they had no identifing insignia. He did not know who was behind the attack till he meet Stryker in hall.

Also given the tensions of Gov vs Mutant present in the stories 'universe' I feel his reaction was totally justified in protecting the lives of the students under his charge.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:25 PM   #80
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You're looking at it from Logan's point-of-view. Using your argument, Logan may be able to avoid a death sentence (I guess we'd use an adamantium injection - that seems to work), but he would certainly get manslaughter.

But, more importantly, from the governmental perspective, the feds had EVERY RIGHT to go in, neutralize potential terrorists, and cart them off to Guantanamo Bay for a little vacation and interrogation. Plus, the SR-71 alone would get them all on the hook for high crimes and treason.

Sorry you don't like it when I apply the same laws to mutants instead of Al Queda, but the truth is the truth.