Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 03:57 AM   #1
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

Im fighting a mind flayer guy called Alhoon, in the temple sewers, and he stuns me constantly, i cant do anything, also, what weapon do i have to use against him to kill him? im a kensai, and ive tried using my best weapon (staff of ryhmn +4) and i cant hit him.... any suggestions?
ChoCoMoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 04:08 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good 2 c u still around Choco

And u have to have good save vs. spells to avoid the affect of the stun, Use ur mage to cast cloudkill (from memory or wand) and then run away leaving them in the cloudkill, that tactic works well against all of the Illithid in the sewers [img]smile.gif[/img] .... If ur solo Im not sure what will help ylu because Alhoon will pretty will kill you in 2 hits .... but othawise haste, cloudkill then run away invisibilty potion is a good way to kill All those Illithid even in Chap. 3 at low levels [img]smile.gif[/img] hope that helps you [img]smile.gif[/img]

o and the staff of Rynn should hit???? Dint know y it wouldnt.. unless you need sharp weapons or something [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 04:13 AM   #3
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

heh, yeh ill be around for a while yet.. heh

thanx, yeh im soloing, im lvl 21 atm, havent dualed to mage yet, hehe. waiting till i get to 25, anyways, i cant cast my special ability, war cry on him, which makes him afraid, but he goes psycho!, he casts that stun spell like 4 times a second! And then when my war cry wears off he comes in for the kill, and kills me in one hit, even tho i have over 200 life [img]smile.gif[/img] hehe.... ah well, i might go hire a mage npc just for this fight.
Old 01-20-2002, 04:23 AM   #4
Glorfindel

Good idea.... But it is 2 late to Dual-Class ... You cant make level 21 as a Mag now you have to much experience.... which means if you do dual-class you will never regain your Kensai abilities.... I might be wrong though I havent looked it up... but I hope for your sake that it isnt 2 late.....

And its great 2 know that you will be around for a while yet.....
this should b a PM now but I cant be bothered when I can just write it here [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Do you want 2 join OOM????? IF ya do just go to http://www.xsorbit.com/users2/sookmacook/index.cgi [img]smile.gif[/img] and follow the Instructions given in the recruiting Forum... there arent many of us yet [img]smile.gif[/img] but it would be good if you joined

cya round
Old 01-20-2002, 04:24 AM   #5
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

YES! got him... hehe.. just stuck at it for a while and managed to get a critical hit in b4 he puts up his defences and casts stun, did 66 dmg and got him to near death [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2002, 04:29 AM   #6
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

really? im not sure isnt 8mill the max exp for a character? im barely over 3.5 mill, mmm.. maybe i should do it next lvl then, but by goin by that should i be able to make it to lvl 23?
Old 01-20-2002, 04:32 AM   #7
Glorfindel

But the problem is that MAges advance more slowly than Fighters so if you go to lvl 23. they might not make it
Though Id say ur probably pretty safe... as long as you dont go any higher than 23 because a mage takes longer to progress than A fighter.. So they might not make lvl 23 b4 the XP cap..... PLus theres the fact that 4 23 lvls u will b a crappy mage with no Kensai bonus'
Old 01-20-2002, 04:37 AM   #8
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

dont u get ur bonus back when my mage gets to 23? ah well... hehe. stay with kensai then, fine by me, im just about invincible atm anyways, killed firgraag in 2 hits with dragon slayer sword at lvl 20.. lol
Old 01-20-2002, 04:39 AM   #9
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

lookin at the ToB manual, it says a lvl 23 mage needs nearly 4.9 mill exp so i prb cant reach it, ah well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2002, 04:41 AM   #10
Glorfindel

Have u got an MSN address??? Or an email??