Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #31
N^N
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moving away from the topic of lingerie.... A good way to get relaxed is to change your diet. I eat a big breakfast, medium lunch, and a small dinner. Not only is this good for losing weight, or staying in shape and building muscle mass, it is also an easy way to
A)Spend less time eating and more time enjoying your evening
B)Lessen the load of food for your body to digest (which makes you more alert, and, at the same time, makes it easier to get to sleep.)
Old 07-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #32
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
shag all this diet and exercise crap - i read for 15 mins or so before going to bed and that does the trick.

until my wife starts talknig about something boring of course...
Old 07-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #33
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ack, nobody sleeps? LOL

Well, I'm going to experiment with getting some sleep- we'll see if it helps.. I know I'm a whole lot less grumpy with world when I do!
Cloudy i'm sure people sleep.It's just if they are alone or not that depends on how much sleep they get.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #34
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Sleep is good. The no-sleep-thing is macho bull crap, imo. I used to do it, too. I'll most likely do it again when school starts up, though not for fun reasons. As it's summer, I'm averaging a little over 7 hours a night, and quite less on the weekends.
Cloudy, I'm the same as you with the exercise. I've found that it's good for me to crash a little after work, and exercise then. I usually get off work at five, chill till about six, and workout around then. I dunno if that would be good for you, or not, but as my work's pretty physically taxing, I need that hour right after before I hit it. Good job so far, and good luck, Cloudster! [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I forgot to answer the actual question of the thread! To relax, I watch "The Tick" (best cartoon ever!) at 10:30, and when that's over, I read a Psalm (yes, one of those "Bible" things), and sometimes another book after that.

[ 07-03-2006, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #35
Eagle eye
Elminster

In the evenings I have absolutely no routines or anything other than the fact that I always have a form of food (usually dinner) before hitting the sack. And yes, i usually do get the 7-8 hour sleep, but of course, school and homework etc take priority over personal health...
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #36
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, lots of replies since I last checked in! Thanks to all of you for participating in the discussion.

LOL, Johhny, I'll let Nacht answer you on that lingerie thing...and Bungleau, that HAS been suggested elsewhere and hubby agrees it's a relaxation technique he's fond of. Thanks for the vote of support. This whole losing weight/getting healthier thing is a struggle but I find it worth the effort most days!

I'm not sure I can even convey what fifty fewer pounds is like...it's like four years back in time for me and I can move easier, breathe easier and my knee problems are less painful by far. I have more energy...I cannot even begin to imagine what it's going to be like when I get closer to my goals! But I'm so looking forward to that.

We've been eating less fat/sugar, more fiber and whole grains and following the Weight Watchers plan. Excercise is going to have to creep in there (so all of you suggesting it, thanks for the ideas and tips and support, as it's true, it's hard to lose without excercise at all after a certain point!). We just have to organize our time a bit better I think.

I'll keep in mind the tips and suggestions for morning workouts, even short ones. I bet they ARE pretty effective as it's a good way to get yourself going in the morning and burn some calories all day.

'course hubby is more allergic to mornings than I am....so moving HIM will be my next biggest challenge.

That and I have to find a way to not be allergic to mornings... LOL

Again, thank you all for your support and replies! It's great to see all the ideas and options and things that work for you. Gives me an idea what I might like to try as well as the feeling it just might be worth the effort!

PS: Dron- nothing odd about reading the Bible, we do that at our house too [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and my husband says you have good taste in cartoons! LOL

[ 07-04-2006, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #37
Stratos
Vampire

I sleep between 5-9 hours but I don't do anything in particular to get those hours. I've rarely have any problems falling asleep.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #38
N^N
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I sleep 10-12 hours a day on weekends, 8-10 on weekdays... don't know how you guys can get less and still be alive lol (though I am one of those damn sleep-crazy lazy-ass teensagers [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
Thoran
Galvatron

I spent 10 years living on 5-6 hours of sleep...

it stinks.

I now sleep 7-8 hours most nights, 11-6/7.

If it was a workout day I never have a problem falling to sleep, the best thing for insomnia is physical exertion I think. On off days I'll read... maybe a little Robert Jordan. Half a page of braid tugging and it's snoozeville.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I think there really is something to the whole sleep better with excercise or activity thing. My husband used to have alot of energy and much less trouble sleeping when he was able to get to the gym regularly. I know when I've had a busy day and lots of activity, sleeping is usually pretty hard to avoid, even if I want to stay up late.