Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2003, 09:13 AM   #1
MagiK

I am soooo bummed

A show I avoided like the plague for its first 4 seasons because of the title....and then became a total junkie when the FX channel aired all the episodes in order ... some really great times and entertainment are behind me now. There have been a few shows that have captured me this way over the last few decades....here are some from that list...anyone have some others to add?
(These are not in any particular order)

1. Buffy of course
2. Home Improvement
3. StarGate SG1
4. M.A.S.H.

when therse shows have or had their final episodes...I felt like a part of my life was ending...kind of sad, but I really identified with these fictions for varying reasons.

Well Im looking forward to other peoples lists of shows that made you feel ....well that made you feel. For whatever reason.

Old 05-01-2003, 09:20 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Aww, cheer up Ray. *pat on the back*. Remember the good times, and look foward to all that future TV goodness that is yet to come

I felt the same way when 'Family Guy' got cancelled. That was a good cartoon, man *sniff*

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Buffy???? - geesh, I have ALWAYS given Memsie a hard time for watching trashy shows like that - never thought I would ever come across a 2nd fan of the show .

OK - shows that ended that distressed me at the time :

Dr Who
Blakes Seven
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 05-01-2003, 09:34 AM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

When the original X-Men animated series ended (like 8-10 years ago now) I was pretty sad hehe
Also same with Dark Angel - no more chance to check Jessica Alba out!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-01-2003, 09:35 AM   #5
MagiK

I know it is goofy for getting attached to shows [img]smile.gif[/img] but the best I can figure on this is that, when you change homes every 18 months for 10 years.....the only constants you have in your life are the shows. Your friends end up scattered all over the globe and at the end of the day, you get attached to those familiar faces....can't explain buffy that way tho I basicly lived in the same place since I started watching it....come to think of it....I have lived here for nearly 8 years...thats the longest I have lived anywhere in my life...wow...now thats soemthing I hadn't thought of before.

Old 05-01-2003, 09:38 AM   #6
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Well Magik, while I enjoy the show, my best friend is OBSESSED. Every other email from her relates to buffy (not exaggerating). Every converstation includes buffy in some way, so if you're not like that, feel better that you're not the only one.
If they put in more spike, or all spike, I could live with that LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

edit: This is not an invite for you to drive me crazy about Buffy, though, I already can't stand how my friend talks only about Buffy, I love her, but she really needs a life. LOL /edit

[ 05-01-2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 05-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
MagiK

Harley, Im not obssessed with Buffy the character or Sarah Michelle Geller (I have the Hots for Willow ) It is the "Show" that has me enthralled. The writing has bordered on the supurb, good character development, fantastic story arcs.....its just a very well done show. Angel a spin off, is ok, but the music is too depressing for my taste and well they don't have the comic relief that Willow and Zander provide...and Anya too...

Old 05-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I felt kinda sad when "Allo Allo" came to an end, but then they ran the whole series again, and again, and again, and again, and again.....

Now i can't stand it anymore.

For the rest there never was a TV series interresting enough to follow the whole thing imo.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #9
Mordenheim
Elminster

I lost my last two brain cells. Thank you MagiK [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2003, 10:21 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

And how about Red Dwarf? Great show, but when it got canned, it actually ended in a cliffhanger (!). We've been waiting for the promised follow-up for years now, and the chance of there ever going to be one is getting smaller and smaller every day.

[ 05-01-2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]