Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 08:35 PM   #21
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I can't fathom cutting taxes and then spending money we don't have, which is what is going to happen in the next budget. I always say, if you want the programs, you have to be willing to fully pay for them. Get Bush a calculator, he clearly can not do math on his own.

Wow, what a rant!

Mark

Heyhey Skywalker [img]smile.gif[/img] long time

Just htought Id point out a nagging lil detail that all the Dems out there ignore religiously...every single time a President has SLASHED taxes the Economy boomed and the government ended up taking in more money than ever before in taxes from the new businesses, and the increased wages from the increased numbers of people employed..and ya know what? Before Ronnie did it...JFK did it..and it worked like a charm. Slashing taxes accross the board when they are too high is JUST what should be done...Yeah Bush is talking Deficit spending..but from the numbers Ive read about, its not a permanent condition, and the deficit can be gotten rid of again. It makes no sense not to spend what you need to ensure you are around later to make more money.

Old 02-09-2002, 09:02 PM   #22
skywalker
Banned User

I just don't get it. This thread and the commentary posted within was not started as a way to bash Bush or America in general.

It was meant to point out that there is nothing wrong with critizing the President's ideas along with the other 2 branches of our fine government.

Yes, I admit that Bush can, will, and already has done many fine things during his first year.

But.... he has also done, said, and will do and say many not so good things. It is so easy to bash the hell out of the previous President. He is not in charge now, so we can plummel him and be good Americans. Just, say not one untoward thing about our Beloved Bush.

Well, it doesn't wash with me. The Two-Gun Texan got his respect and a patriotic reprieve after September 11th. Now it's time to treat him like every other bumbling oaf that we have called President in the past. And there have been many. Honeymoon is over Mr. Bush and it soon will be time for him to take his lumps.

Dem or Rep, neither party is much better than the other IMHO, they are all politicians. It's not about the party...it's about the people. They are there to serve us and not squabble with each other.

My opinion is and always has been that Bush is pretty much a dope with smart people telling him what to do. It is opinion, I don't care if anyone wants facts to back myself up.

Open season on Bushwhakin' has begun. Let the festivities begin!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 02-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #23
norompanlasolas

quote:
Open season on Bushwhakin' has begun. Let the festivities begin!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mark

where can i get a ticket for said festivities? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2002, 10:41 PM   #24
MagiK

quote:
It is so easy to bash the hell out of the previous President. He is not in charge now, so we can plummel him and be good Americans. Just, say not one untoward thing about our Beloved Bush.

My opinion is and always has been that Bush is pretty much a dope with smart people telling him what to do. It is opinion, I don't care if anyone wants facts to back myself up.

Mark

Hey! Id like to point out my comments about the previous administration did not just start happening AFTER he got into office...I had many many many heated discusions with my co-workers at the time of his first election and I knew him for and proclaimed him for the slime he actualy turned out to be [img]smile.gif[/img] so it is not just "after the fact bitchin" here [img]smile.gif[/img] the only comfort I have is that I voted against him twice.

As for Bush..when he does something I don't like...you will hear about it...I don't give anyone a free ride. Heck I even admit that now and again I did give ex-president Clinthead a nod on some things he did....I don't recall what they were but at the time they seemed right.

As for Bush being a dope...if our country's average IQ would come up to his it would be a great thing..this is a man who managed to become a decent enough Fighter Pilot who flew F-16's...they DO NOT let "dopes" fly High Performance 19 million dollar aircraft...just the engineering and Aerodynamics classes he had to go through wash out nearly 40% of the candidates.

You want to hear me BASH Bush? Bush needs to take several public speaking classes and maybe get a public speaking coach..since his southern drawl tends to give people the idea that he is slow. He is NOT stupid but no he did not become a Rhodes Scholar...well neither did ol Bill (since he never completed the course work) but they gave it to him any how....ahh well

On a much lighter and way more IMPORTANT NOTE I am really glad to see you back Skydude

Old 02-09-2002, 10:48 PM   #25
fable
Quintesson

Yeah Bush is talking Deficit spending..but from the numbers Ive read about, its not a permanent condition, and the deficit can be gotten rid of again.

But it's always left to some other poor joker to clean up the deficit spender's messes. Just once, I'd like to hear somebody like Bush who speaks about incurring a huge deficit say, "Don't worry, I promise on my oath of office that next year I will provide a budget that wipes out all the deficit we've gained."

Like that will happen.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #26
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Yeah Bush is talking Deficit spending..but from the numbers Ive read about, its not a permanent condition, and the deficit can be gotten rid of again.

But it's always left to some other poor joker to clean up the deficit spender's messes. Just once, I'd like to hear somebody like Bush who speaks about incurring a huge deficit say, "Don't worry, I promise on my oath of office that next year I will provide a budget that wipes out all the deficit we've gained."

Like that will happen.

Unfortunately just like where real life cannot like sitcoms be taken care of in one episode neither can all a nations issues be addressed in a single year, a single term or even some times in a single decade.

Whenn it is nesecary it makes sense to spend, if that means you will then be able to survive to work your way out of debt. Who would it serve to cancel all the proposed spending if it means that within the next few years, some idiot terrorist group useing our nations own economic realities to to raise the money...then aquire a few dirty nukes or biological weapons and totaly wipes out our ability to function by contaminating ur economic centers for the next several centuries? Defense spending wether directly to the military or through intelligence and security agencies is rarely a waste....it becomes wasteful when you allow the politicians in the house and senate to add porkbarrel spending to the equation. Everyone remembers the $400 toilet seat...want to know why it cost that much?? Because Congress and the GAO made precise specifications a part of the contract..rather than just buy off the shelf..everything had to be held within ridiculous tolerances. If any one labors under the misconception that our political leaders in congress on either side of the house are very intelligent...watch them in action sometime on CSPAN ..I swear some of those guys are barely literate.

OH and just so eveyrone knows..I am a bit ticked at the Republican election campaign in South Dakota useing 9/11 footage in their ads....Run on your merrits dammit not on current events!

Old 02-11-2002, 11:19 AM   #27
fable
Quintesson

Certainly you're right, Magik: it makes sense to spend when you need to, and even assume debt when required, but that's on a personal level. I am not convinced that it's absolutely essential for a government to do this, especially since the interest payments alone are staggering at the kind of debtor levels we're discussing. Bush has also targeted a very large increase in straight military spending, unrelated to the terrorist-countering budget measures he's proposed--and I don't understand the need for the former. Finally, even before September 11th, Bush proposing a very similar heavy deficit with a great deal of money going to that Star Wars boondoggle. Our current president, in other words, does not inspire me to great confidence in his understanding of economics. I'd like to hear him defend a huge increase in military spending that has nothing to do with terrorists--and I'd like to hear him do it without making appeals to patriotism, but concentrating on the dry facts, instead.