Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 09:44 AM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

After the Planar Sphere quest (if you are a mage or sorceror) you get three apprentices to make items for you. Can anyone give me insight into which items I should choose to avoid failure and them getting killed. I have allready had them make the wand of the apprentice with no casualties. I would like them to make the scroll of Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting and the Ring of Wizardry. Will this be OK or am I being to hopefull in thinking that they will not fail or die?
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:50 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

They can make the Scroll of Abi Dal without any of them dying, but I believe there will be one or two casualties in making the Ring. It's a great item though, almost a must.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Choose items that these apprentice mages would be able to create (don't push them too terribly hard). Also, remember that two out of three isn't that bad.... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #4
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
After the Planar Sphere quest (if you are a mage or sorceror) you get three apprentices to make items for you. Can anyone give me insight into which items I should choose to avoid failure and them getting killed. I have allready had them make the wand of the apprentice with no casualties. I would like them to make the scroll of Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting and the Ring of Wizardry. Will this be OK or am I being to hopefull in thinking that they will not fail or die?

SPOILER

There was a thread earlier saying they can make a robe and staff as well. Dunno of the stats for the robe but I hear ppl say it's a great robe....probably better than vecna??? dunno but worth looking into.

As for the ring, I found one while hunting( great ring, one of my favorite pieces). I heard for the robe and staff, you most likely can get someone blown up(staff of magi is better imho). Sometimes it makes me wanna play a mage to see how that quest is... then again, I haven't done my own.

Is it that the longer they live, the better stuff they can make? i'd hold out til you can get the more powerful one chance type stuff before you sacrifice them to it.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by PeeWee:
SPOILER

There was a thread earlier saying they can make a robe and staff as well. Dunno of the stats for the robe but I hear ppl say it's a great robe....probably better than vecna??? dunno but worth looking into.

As for the ring, I found one while hunting( great ring, one of my favorite pieces). I heard for the robe and staff, you most likely can get someone blown up(staff of magi is better imho). Sometimes it makes me wanna play a mage to see how that quest is... then again, I haven't done my own.

Is it that the longer they live, the better stuff they can make? i'd hold out til you can get the more powerful one chance type stuff before you sacrifice them to it.

Another spoiler
>The only thing that the Robe of the Apprenti does is give you an AC of 3. Not worth giving up Vecna's for, IMO. And as you said, the Staff doesn't even get near the Staff of the Magi.

But if you keep all three of the apprentices alive (which you can only do by not having them create any of the last three items you can choose from), one of them will come back after gradiation to make a batch of random potions for you every week.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:58 AM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

If you don't want the apprentices killed you'll have to stick with the simplest items, I'm afraid. The mislead scroll and the Dagger of Robo Donkey would be your best bets [img]tongue.gif[/img]