Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
Wolven
Dungeon Master

I downloaded a savegame editor because I was tired of saving and reloading games in order to get what I wanted, such as swords. Personaly I don´t consider using the editor any diferent that saving reloading. Neither is "Ethical", but one is definately more practical. Anyway, my question is: I noticed that after I got the trynnie Idol and had my last character, a dwarven samurai (previosly a mage), kidnapped, he no longer appeared in the editor´s member list. Any ideas why and how can I undo this without replacing my character. If you want to discus the "ethicality" to put it in some way of editors, please feel free to do so
Old 02-15-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, if you picked up the idol from Marten's Bluff, then your Samurai is simply kidnapped. Go see Crock about getting him or her back. For the time being, that person is considered "out of the party". It's no big deal. Happens to all of us

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
Wolven
Dungeon Master

I know that he gets kidnapped and is considered out of the party, however I got him back a while ago and still, he´s still not shown. For all gaming situations, he´s all good. Nothing diferent yet he doesn´t appear in the editor.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #4
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Well, those editors are normally labeled 'use at your own risk'.

Most likely you are going to have to revert to a save from prior to the kidnapping and wait until you retrieve the abductee before editting the savegame - I would guess that is what triggered his loss in the editor.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:23 PM   #5
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL! While Save/Reload is less practical as you say, and that using an Editor is just the same...

There is one difference.

In the end, saving/reloading won't have a character that is supposed to be there, suddenly missing!

Honestly - wish I could help, but have not used editor, so not even the slightest clue on how it'd be fixed. Yer best bet is find out from others who have used the editor (or maybe the author of the editor) to see if it's a known bug, and if so if there's a fix, or if there plans to be a fix.