Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Does R/C (or any cleric) have any tricks beside the cloak of mirroring to prevent dragons's breath (not spell but real dragons breath - Firky, ...) hitting him ?

Mages can use Mirror Image, right ?
And fighters can use that short sword from Umar hills, right ?

My R/C got hit for 186 damage from a Brown dragon.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well IIRC Clerics have a HLA called Avatar...much like Slayer. Immute to almost anything but i am not 100% sure.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well IIRC Clerics have a HLA called Avatar...much like Slayer. Immute to almost anything but i am not 100% sure.
Avatar is not available to Clerics in BG2.

As for "Ranger/Cleric vs. Dragons' Breath Attacks"... simple. Each Dragon has a unique breath, which deals its own damage. Red Dragon deals Fire damage, Shadow Dragon causes Level Drain, etc... just protect yourself from the appropriate damage type, by means of spells (Pro-Fire/Cold, Negative Plane Protection, yada) or items (Potions of This, Armor of That, you know). [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

no HLA's in plain SOA, fire resistance spells (2nd and 3rd lvl) will help, the spells stack and if your resistance is over 100% you'll actually heal
Old 04-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Mike's RPG Center has a nice section on dragonslaying, as does Dundee's page andGameBanshee.

Also there are the nifty potions of Icedust. Can't find 'em in stores, but They are incredibly valuable! A potion of Icedust gives everyone in everyone within 30' of the caster protection from fire for one round. Usually when you-know-who spouts firey dragon breath, you have second to use one of these before the blast goes off. Tricky timing, but well worth it.

Potions of Icedust can be found (highlight): *in the Slaver Ship and in the Underdark*
Old 04-16-2003, 05:54 PM   #6
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

TNX.

Would anyone be so nice to clarify for me (us) what sorts of damages to various dragons do ?

Like - Firkraag - fire
Shadow Dragon - level drain , but what damage type ?
Purple Dragon - electricity ?
Brown Dragon - acid ?
Black Dragon (Suldanesselar) - ?
Green Dragon (Watcher's Keep) - ?

other ?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:18 AM   #7
Josephine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Leslie Where can I find that Brown/acid Dragon...?

I never had problems wih dragons, more problems with mind flayers, etc.

Dragons are easy, if you ask me. They just so freakin easy.

my tactic on dragons..Thief puts 1 Trap. Cleric summons Skeletons.
Fighter get ready for fight(haste, etc)
In this time of dragon-beatdown i always have Vhailor's helm in one of my fighters head(thats the simulacrum helm).Mage takes down the dragon by summoning MsII. Then All to one piece and haste to all..Beatdown Can start.

Those thief traps are too un-fair against dragon, so i only but one..

Smile!
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 03:35 AM   #8
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Josephine:
Leslie Where can I find that Brown/acid Dragon...?

It comes with Tactics Mod - The Improved Small Teeth Pass. Er, he is not alone though ...

Oh, and I have one more question for you guys:

How can R/C protect himself from Abi Dalzim ?
Belt helps for 50%, then there are those RARE potions of Magic blocking (or something) - but anything else ?
Does Shield of Archons protect from ADHW ?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:53 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Armour of Faith, a level 1 Priest spell, grants +25% resistance to most damage types, including Magic Damage.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:07 AM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Armour of Faith, a level 1 Priest spell, grants +25% resistance to most damage types, including Magic Damage.
Two of them gives you 50% resistance, right?

Now four of them...