Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
B1ade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, I'll keep it short and sweet....

*spoiler*

I've just finished Dragon's eye except for the boss woman, but she's disappeared (i.e. I talked to her and now can't find her anywhere) so I can't kill her and get the Heartstone gem. Are there any options other than loading another slot/starting again? and does anyone have any idea why she'd do that anyway?

I tried to activate cheats to get the gem that way, but I can't get the console to come up - even though I've followed the instructions exactly (i.e. altering icewind.ini file), I have a recent enough version and I'm in the right screen.

Any tips?
Old 09-02-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Welcome to IW.

First question - I havent a clue, except to say that the first time you neet her (as a child) you cant kill (or indeed hurt) her. Follow the corridor an kick yuan-ti ass tille you find her final form at the end. Be careful of those archers mind.

Second Question - The line must be added to the right section of icewind.ini. Thats the most common error. Other than that its a matter of loading the game and hitting CTRL+SPACE (or is it CTRL+TAB? I dunno, havent used CLUA in ages). Final point is the the prefix changes depending on whether or not you have HoW installed - make sure your looking at the appropriate cheat codes.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
B1ade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome.....

What I mean is, I actually talked to her in the final room and she has transformed into her snake state-but I decided to try luring out the archers since they tend to do serious damage before taking her on. Once I'd done that and gone back into the room, she was no longer there and now I can't move forward in the story.

Re: the cheats - I've been putting "Cheats=1" under the [Game options] section in the file - is that right? The console doesn't come up when I press CTRL and TAB, so I can't enter any sort of code.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:16 PM   #4
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to IronWorks, B1ade! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

There is a known issue with the game where Yxonemei seems to disappear if a party engages her then leaves the area without having killed her. Check in the extreme NW corner of the area as I believe that is the place to which the bug seems to relocate her. One of the patches, I believe, was supposed to have fixed this -- which version of the game do you have?

Good luck with the battle, assuming you find her.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Fayree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes I had the same problem and she can indeed be found in the upper northwest room.

As long as you finish the battle at once without fleeing there's no problem so lots of saving I guess
Old 09-06-2002, 06:07 AM   #6
B1ade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys- I'l try that. She's been driving me mad [img]smile.gif[/img] !
Which patches are you talking about, by the way? Any idea where I'd find them?
Old 09-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

What version of the game are you running, B1ade?

Assuming that you do not have HOW installed, you'll most likely need the version 1.06 patch. You should be able to download it here .
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:51 AM   #8
B1ade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all your advice [img]smile.gif[/img] , I found her in that other room after all, and am now just finishing off Severed Hand.
Didn't need to cheat after all.........