Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 03:17 AM   #1
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Feargus Urquhart that is. I took this from the No mutants allowed site.

HomeLAN did an interview with Feargie and here's a reeeeal goodie.

HomeLAN - You recently announced that you want to get Fallout 3 under development at some point. Have you thought at all about the general gameplay design will be like for the sequel ?

Feargus Urquhart - That's a though question to answer without having a horde of screaming people at my door asking for my head [img]smile.gif[/img] . However, i can say what i've been saying for a while, which is that Fallout 3 will still feel and play a lot like the previous Fallouts. It will need to be a more modern game though in relation to how the game plays and the graphics engine involved. What i mean by that is that we will be using a 3D engine and there will most likely be a real-time combat mode. I know that there are people out there that feel this ruins Fallout, but i think they will be surprised as to how well it works once they play it.

And then he wonders why people show up at his door asking for his head. A RT combat mode huh ? I've said it before and i'll say it again. The greatest threat for RPG's is FU (hey, what the, hehe). Constantly blabbering over how RT is the future of RPG's. I realize it's probably going to be an option and that you can choose between the two but that's almost impossible to implement and balance both combat modes. And the last sentence is very interesting. For a game that's not even 'in devolpment yet', he's very sure of himself.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:01 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

you mean there is going to be a fallout3???? GREAT!! thanks for sharing that!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
you mean there is going to be a fallout3???? GREAT!! thanks for sharing that!
Well, i'm not sure. They keep saying that it's not in development yet but as i stated in my first post, his last sentence is very interesting in that regard. Then again, i'm not sure what to believe from FU these days. He has dangled the proverbial carrot before the fans' noses for years now. Even at some points saying that they would go into pre-production just to announce a while later that it had been canceled. He even at some points blatantly lied to the community. Needless to say that the community didn't take well to that. And then he wonders why people show up at his door and are screaming for his head.