Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2003, 09:01 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OK, I'm checking to see if there's any interestin in a World of Darkness RP, Everyone would be starting out with newbie characters, ie werewolves fresh from their first change, newly embraced vampires, monster hunters who have just discovered their calling, etc (I will allow most white wolf clans/tribes/fera except Rokea (weresharks), and Mages (sorcerors are ok, and would start with a little more power than the others due to their powre being more limited overall)

I will provide background info on the World of Darkness as needed (or provide links to it) (when in doubt check out www.white-wolf.com )

The game will allow:

Werewolves (including werecats, rats, ravens, coyote's, bears, alligators-more like dragons, spiders, snakes-(will need strong justification), or werefoxes(asian Kitsune shifters) or Kinfolk

Vampires, from all of the normal clans I don't really want to deal with Garlgoyles but the rest are ok.

Hunters, normal humans who have realised that monsters are real and that someone needs to stand up for humanity or they'll continue to be ruled by monsters.

Sorcerors, Humans who have tapped into mystical power of one kind or another, use anything from voodoo rituals to faerie magicks, or faith based magick.

I don't have the sourcebooks for Demons or Faeries, and due to their nature they wouldn't work well in a chronicle about the other creatures.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:44 AM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ooo, i wanna be a werewolf! I'll read up on the history and stuff at school, but count me in [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'll try to play, but can't guarantee anything. I rarely go on IW anymore, thanks to school. The last 2 years haven't been bad until now, I'm pulling like 3-5 hrs of sleep a night. THen on weekends I can finally relax, play WarcraftIII, make WarcraftIII maps.

Did I mention I'm actually gonna do good this year???

Anyways, I'll try to play, but school is a big inconvenience, still haven't started the LoF game. Just one question bout the link, from there where do I find background and stuff?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

you know i'd love to play a saucy hispanic wench (balam.) just give me a time and place to sharpen my claws.....
Old 09-22-2003, 04:47 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
~snip~
Anyways, I'll try to play, but school is a big inconvenience, still haven't started the LoF game. Just one question bout the link, from there where do I find background and stuff?
The link will take you to the game writer's website and the individual games can provide you with some background info, try checking under the fastplay introduction, if there's enough interest I can post the knowledge each group (hunter/vamp/werewolf) have as well as their take on the world.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hmm, it'd be fun, but sorry - too busy working on my own game. Perhaps another time. I barely have time for Dragon Revived as it is.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:15 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have always seen myself as a vampire, and have even had dreams that were so real that it was hard to come back into reality again. Many years have I pondered this ideal lifestyle, and would love to try out a chance to play one...

I do not have the ability to read all the background of this WhiteWolf campaign or the rules that are set by the author of that website, and would much prefer to be told directly and simply what is expected of me and my boundries.

If you would like for me to be a part of this world, then please PM me or contact me here on this thread. I will do my best, with the time I have.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Fair enough, character sheets are fairly easy to find, on most gaming sites that let you download character sheets, and I'll write up a long post for each group, but the very basics are the 9 stats, then skills, etc.

universal info. stat's range from 1-5 in all abilities, 2 being average human, where-as 5 would be world class (someone with s 5 str would be considered around the same level as an olympic weightlifter) a few exceptions apply like Nosferatu vampires have a 0 appearance and it cannot be improved.

Attributes: the 9 physical, social, and mental abilities

strength, dex, stamina = physical fairly standard universal stats

Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance = Social (charisma/manipulation of 3 or higher would be executives or con-men, appearance of 3+ is the realm of models, although it isn't required, just an example of the level of beauty)

Perception, Intelligence, Wits = mental, Perception is how aware of your surroundings you are, intelligence speaks for itself, and wits is the ability to think on your feet.

Characters decide which of the 3 sets of attributes is most important, second most important, and least important to them.

Vampires and Werewolves get 7 points for their primary attribute to distribute among the three stats, 5 points for secondary stats, and 3 points for their least important stat. The points may be arranged in any order and you start with one point in each(with few exceptions).

Vampires divide themselves into clans, there are Tremere(mages and students of the occult), Brujah (rebels and some of the more violent vampires, typically look like biker punks), Gangrell (loners and naturalists), Malkavians (insane), Nosferatu (information gatherers and butt fugly), Ventrue (ruling elite of vampires, at least they believe so), Toreador (artists).

These clans make up what is known as the Camarilla (they believe vampires should remain hidden from humans, founded in the middle ages to counter the inquisition which was eliminating vampires right and left, eventually convinced humanity that vampires never existed)

On the other side of the coin is the sabbat, who believe that vampires rule by right of their superiority, they tend to be violently insane (as opposed to malkavians who are generally percieved as harmless pranksters), and their main drive in life is to overthrow the more powerful elders to save themselves from Gehenna (end of the world when the clan founders wake up and eat all their children), they have a few representatives of the other clans, but main members are Lasombra (IIRC Spanish versions of the ventrue), Ravnos (gyspies and thieves), Giovanni (a clan of necromancers that only Embrace members of the Giovanni clan, mafia of the vampire world), Tzimisce (mad scientists, use vicissitude to alter organic things, their chairs are usually servants who annoyed them, same with flowerpots, or practically anything you can imagine)

Independents: Setites (subtle underworld leaders, subtlety is key) Assimites (assassins of the vampire world) Caitiff (vampires who have declared themselves independent of their clans)

{edit} Larry I'd love to have you join, I'll get into the indivual powers of the various clans if/when people deide to play one. I'll have werewolves up later.

[ 09-23-2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-23-2003, 11:24 AM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I'de like to join but I have a question with the character sheets. does my character get 1 point in each of the stats on top of either 7, 5, &3 to distribute one to either physical, mental, or social? so for instance
str-1 + 2= 3
dex- 1 + 1=2
stam- 1 + 2=3

that would be using my 5 so i'de have either 7 or 3 to distribute to the other classes depending on how I wanted to develope my character? I was thinking of being a giovanni vampire. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 11:26 AM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
I'de like to join but I have a question with the character sheets. does my character get 1 point in each of the stats on top of either 7, 5, &3 to distribute one to either physical, mental, or social? so for instance
str-1 + 2= 3
dex- 1 + 1=2
stam- 1 + 2=3

that would be using my 5 so i'de have either 7 or 3 to distribute to the other classes depending on how I wanted to develope my character? I was thinking of being a giovanni vampire. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
that is correct