Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 02:47 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Man, I Thought I Was The Only One In The World Who Watched Stargate SG-1! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I Don't Tell My Friends That Though.. Is That The Only Stargate One?
Old 09-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yep yep it is, Binky you might want to take a quick look at the latest HADB thread (I strongly suggest you do, it's for your own good)

Apophis is funny looking isn't he
Old 09-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Man, I Thought I Was The Only One In The World Who Watched Stargate SG-1! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I Don't Tell My Friends That Though.. Is That The Only Stargate One?
SG-1 is, IMHO, the second best sci-fi at the moment (after Enterprise). Why be ashamed of it?
Old 09-08-2002, 02:57 PM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I know, Stargate Rocks
Did They Use The Same Daniel Jackson For The Series AND The Series? They Look Familiar.. O'Neil Was Obviously A Different Guy Though [img]smile.gif[/img]
I Love Stargate [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 02:59 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
I know, Stargate Rocks
Did They Use The Same Daniel Jackson For The Series AND The Series? They Look Familiar.. O'Neil Was Obviously A Different Guy Though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Daniel was the only actor who remained the same I believe.

The problem I have with Stargate is that if I miss a couple of episodes suddenly I lose the entire hold on the plot. You jhave to be a hardcore viewer to fully appriciate the greatness of the series.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, I Watch It As Often As Possible, But I Often Lose The Plot..
Hey Wow, Umm, Aparently Teal'c Does The Voice For Magneto On X-Men... Well Well.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
I know, Stargate Rocks
Yeah, they used the same D.J. I think the original O'Neil was done by Kurt Russel...
Old 09-08-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Daniel is *not* the same actor. Watch the episode "Wormhole X-treme" if you dont believe me.

Looked it up, movie Daniel is played by James Spader, in the series its Michael Shanks.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:35 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Hm, They Got A Good Look-A-Like Then
There's No Carter Or Teal'c Etc. They Only Cast O'Neil And Jackson For The Series... Was Hammond In The Movie? I Forget...
Old 09-08-2002, 05:02 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

A very good look-alike - fooled me up till season five (The episode "Wormhole X-treme).

Hammond is not in the movie. The only characters to be in the movie and the series (excluding some minor roles perhaps, as well as flashbacks on occasion) are Katherine Langford, Jack O'Neill, Kawolski, Daniel Jackson, the old abydosian priest, Skara(Lord Klorell), Jacksons girlfriend shaure(amonet). Alien names are not garaunteed to be spelt right, quite the reverse in fact. Im not sure whether or not any of them use the same actors in the movie and the series. Skara I think is, but then again when I think of Stargate characters the series versions are always the ones I think of.