Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 11:06 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I hate to say it, but I DO think Ken had some valid points here. I know that some of us tried to welcome him and be nice, but others didn't take quite the same tact. I admit that some of the flamitory remarks were Freaking HILARIOUS, but they did not help the situation any. I think there are a few personal issues out there that need to be dealt with on a one to one basis. I'm not saying Ken is without his faults, but he wasn't the only one who came off sounding like they had a chip on his shoulder. The thought that he was a guest over here was stated several times. Yes, it means that he doesn't have the power to critque our conduct by banning/closing threads/editing posts, but it also means HE IS A GUEST. And he wasn't treated as such at times.
BK
Hilarious? It wasn't at the time, I can assure you. Well, maybe a little. I was trying to meet a deliverable and do this at the same time, I was switching screens like crazy.

BK, where did Ken get flamed? I couldn't see anything. Every post I made I was bending over backwards to be conciliatory, it was only towards the end that I was getting frustrated.

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 11:13 AM   #22
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
BK, where did Ken get flamed?
One word ... CALEB. Resident what? Hehe. And Earthdog and him got into it, too. You did the BEST you could, Memnoch, it was out of control before it started. I mean, come on, he plugged sights in the body of his message for the first couple of posts. Isn't that against the Term of Agreements or something? That alone was something he persisting in doing that could have been ban-able. I only wish I could have been her. Or Father Bronze, who handles situations like that nicely.

BK
Old 05-25-2001, 11:21 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aye me...what a mess...glad to see it resolved or mostly so.

Ziroc, you tried. We tried. What else can one do?!

Ok everyone! Lets move on and UP!

Hey Earthdog! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to the Ironworks and the GD forum!!!!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forum

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-25-2001, 11:26 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I have (still) a great respect for what Ken has done for the BG community but what annoys me sometimes is how he expects everyone to kneel before him and kiss the ground he walks on, no matter where that is. He's also very confrontational and I don't know if he realizes this. He loves to debate points, so before long you are debating a minor point and have forgotten about what started the debate in the first place. That's why no-one wins in these types of debates, both participants start to get pissed off, then flames follow.

I can understand that he's under a lot of stress with the LN thing and he DID come here with good intentions - but the bottom line is that we have strict rules on personal attacks here and our definition of flaming is different to TeamBG's. In fact I was the one who posted the link to here on the TeamBG site (after Moiraine got banned ). I wanted him and LN to see that there were no hard feelings here. So I guess I succeeded in helping to repair the rift between LN and Z, but ended up getting Ken banned - which wasn't my intention, but hey, I think he brought it upon himself by not abiding by our forum rules and that email to Ziroc at the end, AFTER everyone thought we'd all resolved it, was VERY disappointing.

Anyway, just another day in the life of a mod...

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 11:52 AM   #25
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Memnoch I just got finished reading the welcome LN thread and from what I saw Ken was being very antagonistic in there too. He tried to repeatedly say that HE was the one who got flamed and from the 92975752377 posts he put up HE was the one starting trouble. noone went to his site and started trouble there. The eonly crap he got was crap that he slung in the first place. He ended a post directed at me with F*** OFF. I never swore at him. Then in the welcome LN thread he tried to say that he knew he was getting banned but he felt that the person who swore at him wasnt getting in any trouble at all. Claimed it was unfair but he knew he had no admin power here. If anyone swore at him I know it wasnt me. He was antagonistic from bneginning to end. what *HE* felt was *reasonable* doesnt matter. I think everyone who read his posts saw it as quite the opposite.

Youre darn right, you bent over backwards to accomadate him but he wouldnt leave it alone. He got what he had coming by you banning him. I was afraid Id get banned for my comments though I didnt swear because Im new here and maybe I shouldnt have put my 2c in. Im glad I didnt get banned because I like this site major huge heaps.

Ziroc thats most excellent about the artist. and even moreso about the cheap work by the lawfirm. i knew an artist and he made lots of cash doing celebrity prtraits. name of Robert Stampus. Awesome artist. Micheal Jordan gave him $48,000 for a portrait. he also did kenny rogers and oprah and queen leteefa?? and a bunch of others. I do think someone was messing with you about that though.

anyway.....
Ill tell yall a little bit about myself. Im from Texas but i moved to melbourn april 2000 to marry the most wonderful woman in the world, whom i actually met on the net. We married in may 2000 and we had a baby girl on feb 4 2001. I know what the tears of joy are all about. It was one of the 2 best days in my life and an experience ill never forget. Shes just under 4 calander months old and during all the crap that went on in here today she did her first (really high pitched) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh wwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I wish you could have heard it. It was so cool. She just laid on her blankets on the livning room floor doing that for about 10 minutes. she kind of had a conversation with herself. way cool. if you wanna see something really weird i can email you a picture of her at 3 months and a picture of me at 3 months. the only way you can tell who is who is the one of me is in black and white.

well I better hit the sack, good night yall. take care.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 01:05 PM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well... to be honest... i have to say that other peeps views of you count... ken really got off to a bad start... we could say ■■■■ shit, and whatever we want, but heres the hitch, we have gotten the approval of our main man z and the rest of the forum. unlike him, he started psychotic(not really, but you get the point), and the peeps here already some sort of distaste for the guy... some peeps forgive and forget, some dont know him, and some are still mad, but bottom line is, we were not asking for it anymore. if this was a dispute that the forum members are willing to discuss, fine. but no one is willing, it is over with, he was forgiven, and lets all move on, thats the message. he still maintained his bad boy attitude, and so, who cares if he says he defends LN? i mean, he defends her that is offensive to us. you can defend and not use offense, but he did. and maybe all he was saying have all double meanings, or he is just creating havoc here... i dunno, but usually, you dont mess around in here f*cking up other peeps. you f*ck up yourself, you say f*ck, to yourself, but not to other peeps. and that email, was just a pure sign of immaturity on his part... he is old enough to know that flames like those are just pure nonsense, and the will to understand him will be soured... he and his bg forums or whatever will crumble down if he really does those kind of remarks... anyway, i bet he takes care of teambg and would not do that... so maybe it is really in him that he defends other peeps but it is not his intention to hurt them...

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-25-2001, 02:19 PM   #27
Lord Shield

I'm not making any more comments. My thoughts would get deleted. I feel sorry for Moiraine. She wasn't even involved in Ken's ego-bash

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #28
BladeMaster

i tried to calm things down also but he turned everything I said around on me.

------------------

Old 05-25-2001, 03:03 PM   #29
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well.. we could just say thats how it works... lets just put it at that... we tried, no, you guys tried your best. he really refused your pureheartred sympathy.. not our prob.

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-25-2001, 03:32 PM   #30
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I think you guys were very diplomatic, well done.