Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 02:48 AM   #1
Buddica
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone else have a problem with all the seemingly meaningless wandering this game makes you gove through to get to the good bits?? I suppose it is a testament to how good the good bits are that we put up with it.
Anyyway. How do I change the railway lines to the right side. I have found the lever ( and killed a crab which gave up a conch shell, anyone know what that might be useful for?) and have tried to turn the lever in the secret room that overlooks the switching bay, but to no avail....
Getting a tad frustrated!!
Old 04-14-2002, 03:11 AM   #2
Korvican
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heyah,
the rails are in two parts. Once you've switched the first switch, it changes the tracks in the West tunnel from right to left (or viceversa), you need to find an iron rod (in one of the caverns) that allows you to use the West railline. Once in the west rail line, you need to waunder around and find a second switch. Flip that. Then take the rail back to the main junction. Take the East rail line and go back and flip the first switch back. Then go back (*sigh*) to the West line and take the rail car. It should lead you to a cavern where you find Raskalion.
You can also flip the rail switches and run ahead of the rail cars. You will need to do this to flip the switch to get into the lava tunnels.
Happy hunting!

Korv.
Korvican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 04:22 AM   #3
Buddica
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Korv, I note that the W & W, senseless wandering spell has been cast again. ( double sigh) why ih why do I have to keep going backwards & forwards. Anyone else reminded of Lands of Lore 2?? the dreaded dragone caves???
Old 04-14-2002, 04:24 AM   #4
Korvican
Elite Waterdeep Guard

By the way,
If you want a walkthrough guide of the Stout mines (spoliers), goto Ironworks Gaming Homepage, W&W, Walkthroughs. It has a step-by-step walkthrough that'll get you through.
Happy hunting

Korv.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:34 AM   #5
Buddica
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks,
although what I really want at this juncture is a **** teleporter
Old 04-14-2002, 06:15 AM   #6
Korvican
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know. A teleporter is sooooo much quicker!
Keep the conch shell, you'll need it later. After you get the dragon ore, get the stout king to make it into armour. It'll take a while, so u could go rob his treasury while ur waiting.
To get into DragonSpire, enter the cavern with the rope bridge. Make sure ur party leader is wearing the dragon armour, and kept well to the left. You shouldn't get too burnt then. There's a switch on the left wall just past the bronze dragon that turns it off.
You have now entered the tunnels to dragonspire.

Happy hunting!

Korv.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Buddica!!!

The Stout Mines were my least favorite dungeon because of the long treks back and forth to complete relatively simple tasks. The fact that the automap is far from perfect, useful, helpful just added to my desire to get the mines done and out of there. Too bad really, because there are some interesting areas and interesting things to do. Way down by the lava pools it is quite possible to walk on the walls which I found fun but getting there was a bore! Ah well! Perhaps the designers were just running out of ideas on how to create a challenge.

Xignal has some great maps at: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html which are very useful!

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:01 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A couple of additional thoughts for you (which are in the Best Tips thread, IIRC)...

1. Create a portal right between the two trolley lines. You can teleport back there easily enough, and the cars will return when you pull the handle. Save yourself lots of time trekking back and forth.

2. IIRC, you can also flip the switches to change the tracks from the trolley side. Get close to the wall, look sideways, and see if you can't slide your hand down onto the switch. Saves the hassle of running back to the switching chambers.

And to state the obvious, if you don't have the Lavawalk spell by the time you get here, you might really want to consider picking it up soon...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:17 AM   #9
Buddica
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks all for your help and suggestions. Seems I will have to
grin and bear the boring bits in order to get to the fun stuff. No matter we are not fearless gamers for nothing!!
Thanks again for the friendly tips.