Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2002, 04:59 AM   #1
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you haven't got up to the fields of slaughter, you might want to skip this post
In the Fields of Slaughter, I couldn't rest without fallen bladesingers appearing, so when I got to the elven lich I was forced to have my rogue/sorceror flee for the exit, leaving my fighter/cleric where he fell.
So I got back to Dragon's eye level four. However... Archon the ferry-master is still at the exit to the fields of slaughter where I left him. Sooooooo... now I can't get back to the Fields.
HELP!! Will I have to go back to the autosave and just try and battle on?

Aside: why are the orcs dread warriors suddenly allies, and why are (some of)the elves enemies? All my experience in books and games is that orcs are BAD! andelves are GOOD! It is one of the first laws of fantasy
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Isn`t there an auto save of when you walked out of the Dragon`s eye? The game should have made a save point with you on the snowy path to the fields of Slaughter...
I know I made a save point right after I walked into the Orc outpost there...

If you talk to the boat guy,is there a dialog option to take you to the fields of slaughter exit or anything?

The Orcs are being friendly,because they figure your going to get rid of the Lich for them.....

[ 11-12-2002, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]
Old 11-12-2002, 05:49 AM   #3
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

That's an iteresting one Juan.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:01 AM   #4
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Desdicado: Juan?

Corwin (or m'lud if you prefer): the boat is simply unreachable, it is not where it is at the start of each loop of the level, but it is all the way across the magma sea at the fields of slaughter exit island. I can't get dialogue, as I can't reach Archon to talk to him!!!
I don't want to load again, I'll just get killed again, and then I'll end up running away again, and then I will be stuck again... and so on and so on
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 11-12-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, here is what to do. Go see the lich. He will kill the elven priest. Run up to the priest, and loot him for the bottle of elven holy water. Then run all the way to the end of the map. There will be a waterfall there. Put the water in it, and all the undeads on the map will die.

You might want to drink a potion of invisibility or of speed to help you run there.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:46 AM   #6
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Its ok, i got improved invisibility anyway.
I just went back to Kuldahar, (and got healed up) and then went to the east again, where it now gives a choice of routed, dragon's eye or fields of slaughter