Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 01:57 AM   #11
SirWillow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Like Dundee said, Heart of Winter and Icewind Dale 2 are totally separate deals. Heart of Winter is an expansion pack for Icewind Dale (the original) and absolutely will not work at all without the original game being installed. Your characters from the original game will work with HoW because it's the same game.

If, however, you've bought Icewind Dale 2 thinking it's HoW, it's not. It's a totally and completely separate game. It is NOT Heart of Winter. And no, the characters from the original game and Heart of Winter will NOT work with Icewind Dale 2.

So what was it that you bought- Heart of Winter or Icewind Dale 2?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:44 AM   #12
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

*Gives self a smack* I've got IWD 2. (Was thinking that IWD2 and HoW was the same thing.) I just grabbed whatever had IWD on the cover and didn't really look. So if I get HoW, that one will allow the characters from the original to be imported?

[ 11-09-2002, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: The Ornery One ]
The Ornery One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 04:50 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
*Gives self a smack* I've got IWD 2. (Was thinking that IWD2 and HoW was the same thing.) I just grabbed whatever had IWD on the cover and didn't really look. So if I get HoW, that one will allow the characters from the original to be imported?
Yes.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #14
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
*Gives self a smack* I've got IWD 2. (Was thinking that IWD2 and HoW was the same thing.) I just grabbed whatever had IWD on the cover and didn't really look.
Easy to do. I was just in Fred Meyer (a grocery/dept. store chain we have in Oregon and Washington) and saw IWD and IWD 2 boxes jumbled together. Logos are almost identical: hard to tell them apart if you are not watchful. The sad thing is that IWD was being sold sans HoW... for $20!! I guess the marketeers are hoping that new IWD 2 fan's will grab the "pre-quel" on impulse, and will only find out later that they want HoW. Cheesy.

[ 11-11-2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote