Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2003, 11:18 PM   #1
Coats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't remember fighting ilyich, mabye I did, but I just don't know where he
is?

P.S Is he in SOA becuse I beat that or is he in TOB?
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:24 PM   #2
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

He's in Chapter 1 SoA in Chateau Irenicus. He's the leader of the duergar in the first level.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:25 PM   #3
drewal
Drow Warrior

Spoilers
Ilyich is in the Irenicus Dungeon at the beginning of the game. He is camped out in the large store room past the library.

In an unmodified game, Ilyich is not worth mention. You kill him, quickly, and take the Dryad's useless Acorns from him.

BUT

If you download the tactics mod, improved Ilyich allegedly becomes one of the toughest in the game - and the Acorns become worth stealing - even from the Dryads (according to a currently active post).

I cannot speak from personal experience, as I discovered the tactics mod after I climbed out of the personal hell that is Irenicus' dungeon, though I look forward to tackling it on my next solo attempt.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
Coats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I get tactic's mod, and how do I install it?
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
drewal
Drow Warrior

You can get the tactics mod, and so other great mods, at the following site:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/

You should install the most current official patch, as well as the Baldurdash patch first (the baldurdash patch can be found at the same site). Then DL the tactics mod.

If this is your first time playing, you might want to go through normally, however, and then try tactics on your second or third time as it is extremely challenging.

As for the other two things - official patch and Baldurdash - you should install both of these as soon as possible, if you haven't done so already.

Method of installation:

All of these files will be self-extracting. Just DL the file, unzip it to a temp folder, double-click on the self-extracting icon, and it's off and running.

The BDash and Tactics self-extractors will ask you a series of questions about what you want installed. The text files that come with them should contain fairly detailed info about each option.