Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I haven't seen any mention of this, so it could be people are missing out on a couple of nice freebies.

Some of the books in HOF mode ain't what they were in normal. Hit Elytharra's library and look for these two:

Heart of Winter
Otiluke's Freezing Sphere 3x/day
Power Word: Blind 3x/day

Legends of Icewind Dale
Whirlwind 3x/day
Planar Binding: Air Elemental 3x/day

These can be real handy throughout the game. I haven't found any others, but sometimes I forget to check bookcases.

Nightowl2

P.S. These are in the unpatched version. Dunno if they still exist in the patch.
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:08 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah I found some with the patched version on - I believe they added even more as HOF mode got a bit of a makeover with the official patch.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Those filthy bastages! I specificaly DISREGARD all books after that whole "carrying all the books I found in Irenicus's library" fiasco from BG2. Hmm one more reason to play through again I suppose... but MAN some of those spells are REALLY powerful to be handing out with books.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:57 PM   #4
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

NIGHTOWL2... YOU ARE MY OWN PERSONAL JESUS! "Planar Binding:Air Elemental"
3 times a day... for FREE, first thing in the game. This is a LEVEL 6 summon, in 'heart of fury' in the hands of a first level character... and if that first level character happend to be a... oh I dont know CLERIC, they could cast protection from evil as a first level spell. and if that character happend to be a deep gnome they could make themselves invisible. Those two things COMBINED would allow you to level squat through the WHOLE prolouge. You could, completely within the rules of the game, make a level 30 character instantly. WOW. THIS IS UBER CHEESE ON A LEVEL NEVER SEEN BEFORE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] (im happy, can you tell?)
Old 11-14-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, I think they slipped those in just to see if anyone would bother reading those books again. Most players probably wouldn't. A little easter egg for the obsessively thorough

Also, they did design (such as it is) HOF mode for the upper level team, and for such a group it isn't quite so magnificent a find.

For a bunch of newbies, it's quite something else.

Just be careful with that air elemental...after all, it will go after anyone unprotected, and that would include the soldiers and NPC's. But I'm glad I brought a little cheer into your evening

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote