Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2002, 05:39 PM   #11
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Sorry for the mix up, Lord Brass. I was simply posting the link as a potentially useful reference to those folks who were wondering about finding specific spells.

Your're too right about the less than useful spells that one finds in abundance in the game while there seems to be only one scroll for certain other spells such as stoneskin -- something that can make playing multiple mages as I prefer to do a bit frustrating.

[ 10-15-2002, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 10-15-2002, 05:49 PM   #12
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Quite right Cyril, sorry about that (note to self: think of others more). You have the heart of the problem there. I too like to have multiple mages in the group. This lack of spells is annoying, as yet again, I have to sort out the fight between my dwarven Cleric/Conjurer and my dwarven Bard. Who gets what? I decide! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 10:16 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Thank you, Ar-Cunin, Lord Brass, and Cyril Darkcloud!

I especially enjoyed the link you sent, Cyril: An expose' on scroll locations --- Everything I wanted and more!

Had forgotton about the merchandise changeover. Since I just mopped up the 2nd level of D.E., and am halfway through the third, I think it's about time to visit Orrick's shop in Kuldahar, again....

Is Orrick the guy you can thieve rings of free action from? Did this once in the first game, but forgot who the victim was. I sure need 'em.... I thought "Hold" spells, like web, entangle, etc. just stopped a character/enemy from moving, but allowed them to fight. However, when I get held, I lose control of my character. Is this a bug?

Party On!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 06:14 AM   #14
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Arundel has one of the items in question, and Orrick holds the other. You can also get additional MI from Orrick and I think that this section is randomly generated.

No, if a character is under the influence of web you lose control as that character can no longer perform any actions whatsoever (which is why it's slightly better than Entagle). Entangle allows you to carry on fighting, as does the Slow spell.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:38 PM   #15
Roboghost
Manshoon

Spell location spoiler:
The lone Fireball spell guarded by the Lizard King and NOT the Poison Mage.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote