Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

First, it's obvious that this game was meant for multiplaying. The single character with one henchman just doesn't cut it compared to the older party based games for gameplay. Also, archers in this game SUCK! All the bonuses seem to be missing? How in the #$%^ are you going to kill something using the piddly arrow damage? You literally have to pincusion something to kill it! I have to switch him over to dual weilding rapiers after about 2-3 shots anyway! Might as well not even worry and just have a tank for a character to start with. Ranged weapon damage in this game seems underpowered period. Perhaps some will say that the archer of BG2 was overpowered I guess.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

I know what you mean I wanted a sneaky assassin kinda guy who could pick off the henchmen one by one before rushing in and finishing off the bosses with some fighting skills.
But noo i had to be a big warrior dude and do it borign cuz archers die too fast...ahh well least i got to kill ppl
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:33 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah the archers in BG were defo. overpowered. I agree about the OC being weak but don't judge the game on it, seriously this game has huge potential once you find the right mod or server (not to mention the ability to create your own).

I personally think the OC was terrible...I hadn't even the motivation to finish it...so linear and predictable it was that sometimes I felt like this mod was created by fischer price. Never got past chapter 2...just kinda got bored lol. Icewind Dale was linear, but hell, it was immersing. You do have to understand that this was the first mod ever created for NWN's, the language was new, the syntax and the engine itself, so I do alott credit where it is needed. I have high hopes for the expansion's inculded mod and even though it's low level intended I might actually play it to the end, considering what I have heard about the work they put into it and changes they made in an attempt to rectify what was done before. Time will tell.