Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

The Ironworks Times

Editor: Konfuzed and Zany

"Free Phil!" Campaign Continues

A group of protestors marched outside the Ironworks Town Hall yesterday, waving banners and carrying signs protesting Mayor Ziroc's imprisonment of Phil McCavity. McCavity was tried and convicted for spamming of the second degree. The reporter spoke with McCavity recently, and states that he merely sits in his cell, despondently repeating, "Can I drill you about this? Can I drill you about this?"
The protestors wished to remain unnamed, but were described as four unwieldy young whippersnappers, one whirling and kicking all the while, one unquestionably imbibed, and two others waving signs stating, "FREE PHIL! FREE THE IRONWORKS FOUR!" and the other saying "CAN WE DRILL YOU ABOUT THAT TRIAL?" Supporters lined the sidewalk, though none actively displayed agreement or disgust at the display. Mayor Ziroc appeared at a window at one point, and is reported to have shouted down, "Sic Stonus Golemus aquet!" which may mean, "Stone Golems for all of you!" though it was not quite clear.
The Mayor and his cabinet show no signs of relenting however, and all 'drilling' in Ironworks shall likely be done upon the heads of any who show a resurgence of something resembling the 'root' of McCavity's reign of drilling.

Sports

*The return of the 'Aelia and Davros Sports Thread' brings joy and groans to many members. We can only hope that this time, we may actually figure out the rules for cricket.
*The reporter can not resist mentioning the fact that the Boston Red Sox are 'still' a game over the Yankees in the American League East.
*Hockey vs. baseball debates are continuously ongoing in Cloudy's Café. Baseball fans are allowed in. Hockey fans will be force fed year-old cookies.
*ATTN: ANY LOCAL SPORTS NOTICES SHOULD BE EMAILED TO THE EDITOR. The address can be found in the reporter's profile.

Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor,
You are all
Under my-our
Control
Er…Mwahaha! *cough*
Ahem…You cannot see us, but do not think we are gone. We will return!

Luv,
K&Z

Dear Editor,
I NEED SOME LETTERS TO THE EDITOR PEOPLE! EMAIL 'EM! NOW! The address can be found in the reporter's profile.

Sincerely,
The Editor

Gossip Column

*Rumor says that Lioness has adopted Puff, the rainbow-scaled dragon formerly belonging to Jerome the Paladin, by battling out Rikard, who also sought to adopt the lovable, fire breathing sweetie. (Puff, not Jerome.)
*Epona spammed! Shocking news…when the little old ladies of Ironworks must resort to spamming, 'tis a sad thing indeed…(No offense intended to the above mentioned, as the reporter is sure she knows.)
*Jerome's corpse was found lying in an alley in Mexico. The body was reportedly mauled by what seems to be a savage feline. A warning to any that dare to suggest such a ferocious creature is harmless. Keep this in mind as you answer the Myths of the Feline Queen poll.
*Who IS the grey-robed stranger?

Personals

*ATTN: MAIL PERSONALS TO THE EDITOR! The address can be found in the reporter's profile. MAIL 'EM! The reporter is too lazy and absentmindedly busy to come up with her own.
Old 04-27-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Keep em coming kitty, er, lion!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Can I get a subscription...?
Old 04-27-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
*smacks Sir Goulum* Kitty Indeed! Kittys are cute and fluffy. I'm not.

Indeed you can Jorath! Send me a million dollars a month.
Old 04-27-2002, 05:34 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Jorath, we all have a subscription!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:35 PM   #6
Tiamat
Banned User

She isnt cute and fluffy, shes feral and hard- with a heart of gold!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
*smacks Sir Goulum* Kitty Indeed! Kittys are cute and fluffy. I'm not.

Indeed you can Jorath! Send me a million dollars a month.
[/QUOTE]Don't go smacking me Lioness! Cats and Lions are the same thing, so dont go blaming me for their sameness!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:38 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ah yes, but lionesses are vewwy fewocious. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #9
Lioness
Jack Burton

I NEED LETTERS TO THE EDITOR AND PERSONALS! Mail em to me when you think of em. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #10
Tiamat
Banned User

And Tiamats are evil. insidiously evil...... enough to make your blood turn black............ I am the last of my kind.....