Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 09:49 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OK. I am not online at home, but that is where my BGII game is. I have tried to burn Shadowkeeper, Winzip, and the Experience Cap Remover. When I burn the CDs my computer at work says the files are there, but when I get home and try to load them on my computer, I get a message with someting like "check network connection (I don't have one) or initial file missing." Does anybody know anyway I can get these loaded onto my computer without being connected to the net?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-14-2001, 10:13 AM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Reeka, I don't know for now, but I will try to find an answer for you if I can.
Did you create the right kind of CD ? What tool do you use to burn a CD ?

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 10:45 AM   #3
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

Yeah ... what program did you burn the CD with ? Make sure you are not using CD-RW ! Is your CDROM at home very old ?

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !

[This message has been edited by merc widowmaker (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 11:24 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

Reeka, Did you close the CD at the end of the session, or leave it open - i.e. allowing you to add more files later? If its open, then often there are problems with "encoding", this is particularly true if you're using the Hewlett Packard software. A solution is to uses floppies, and uses the span disk option in winzip to spread the zip over the disks.

------------------

Your ad here?

Old 03-14-2001, 02:28 PM   #5
Reeka

OK, guys! The software that burns the CD is by Adaptec. (It's kind of a "burning CD's for dummies" thing. I followed all the steps and then I have gone into my regular CD drive on the computer under "My Computer" and the files appear to be showing up. Ideas?

Moiraine: I think I used the right kind of CD. I have several kinds here but the drive would only accept one kind. (I really don't have a clue.)

MC: I have new drives at home--less than a year old.

Sir T: I am technologically challenged. What the hell are you talking about? (Smile.)

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Reeka, I just arrived on the Board !
OK, I guess you use Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 ?
If you open it the perform "Create CD", a windows opens; if you click on the "Advanced" button, you see more settings, which are they ? That is what Sir Taliesin was talking about(stuff about "leave the session open" or "close the session").
Can you describe the exact actions you perform ? That way we will be able to help you, maybe.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 04:00 PM   #7
Reeka

Moiraine:

Ca va? Yes, it is the Adaptec Easy Create a CD 4. I do the following:

1) Open the layout

2) Add the files

3) the software says it has copied the files and closes the layout.

What am I doing wrong? I don't see anything that says "advanced."

Vous etes tres gentile d'essayer m'aider! (Hope I said that right.)

Merci,
Reeka

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-14-2001, 04:09 PM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Reeka, let me explain the problem I have : I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4, but in French. When you open Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4, do you choose "Data" ? Or "CD Copy" ? Because the interface is totally different.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 04:16 PM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Reeka, good day,
I am off to bed now, but I will try to send you a quick help about Easy CD Creator tomorow, if you haven't solved your problem by then.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 04:48 PM   #10
Reeka

Moiraine:

Hope you slept well. I choose "data" because I am trying to copy data. Thanks for trying to help.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death