Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
ElvenBeserk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi. I need some help on weather or not to buy this game.
Please Email me and tell me why I should buy this game. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, is this game for the internet only or is there a single player campain?

ElvenBeserk

My Email Address is:
ElvenBeserk@yahoo.com
ElvenBeserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well I'm not going to email you but I will encourage you to come back to this forum and read it.

1) Yes it does have a single player campain but it reall shines when playing online.

2) great game, easy to get into, great graphics, great online community.

3) The Ironworks Mod Escape from undermountain. Great way to get to know people and play in one of the most dangerous dungeons of the forgotten realms. Check out the forums for some more info on this mod.

4) if you buy the game wait a few weeks and get the platinum edition that way you get both expansions for a good price. the Expansions really add to the game and have soem really good single player campain additions.

4) The CEP - if you buy this game and play online ensure you get the CEP (Community Expansion Pack) Adds a lot of custom content to your online experence.

Cheers!

T-D-C
Old 09-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

How great is it in single player? As in I don't have internet for my PC. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Is it still a game that I would play again, after finishing?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well you can always play again as a different character/class. there are many different character/class combo's that you can go with. Playing the game as a warrior is different to playing the game as a wizard.

You can pick up different henchmen, do it with another alignment etc.

I actaully havn't completed the singleplayer campain yet. ( I really like it but the multiplayer is just do damned addictive!)

If you are not into the online play there are plenty of single player mods out there that people have created that you can download and play.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:39 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Without internet, I'd say it isn't worth buying.

The single player game is decent, but nothing to compare to the Baldur's Gate series or PS:T for example.

You also get a toolset which may keep you occupied for a while, but the amount of enjoyment you get out of that is very personal.

With some internet access you can download others' works, which lets you play new modules. Some good, many bad, as usual. You get access to custom content such as more portraits, more furnishings for your environment, new monsters, monsters with new textures, new tilesets (essentially, terrain types), and so on.

But really you do get the best value for money when you play over the internet. And find the decent servers, that is. Again there's some good, and a lot of bad out there. The nice thing is there's a lot of difference between styles and rules and goals, how fast you achieve those, how well you and others work together, and so on. There'll be something to suit almost all playing styles.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Lennon_Cook and I bought the gaem, but unfortunantly lost our CD key so we are unable to play online, nor do I have the 2nd expansion pack (Hordes of the Underdark) If I buy that game, can I just use its key?
Anyway, I have been playing this game for a while and still love the single player, its definantly a good buy, even if you cant play online
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hmm.... maybe I'll have to think on this. Perhaps I'll get it after I get an iPod.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Hivetyrant, if you still have the game installed, then the CD key should be in a text file in the Neverwinter Nights directory. Just search around and you should find it.

Alternatively, you could always contact BioWare and see if they can help.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:40 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

To the original poster; yes, buy the game but only if you have a good internet connection. In this way you can play online as well as being able to download any of the hundreds of fan made modules, all of this for free.

The single player campaigns are decent, but if you go online, you'll wont find a game that offers more than Neverwinter Nights.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Lennon_Cook and I bought the gaem, but unfortunantly lost our CD key so we are unable to play online, nor do I have the 2nd expansion pack (Hordes of the Underdark) If I buy that game, can I just use its key?
Anyway, I have been playing this game for a while and still love the single player, its definantly a good buy, even if you cant play online
Check the file call NWN CD Keys.ini (or somethign like that) it stores your CD key in there so you can print that off and keep it safe.

Or register you key on the bioware website and select the option to save it to the website.

That way if you loose your key you can retrieve it from there.