Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 05:27 PM   #141
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
The best computer for ANYTHING is what you`re used to.
If you`re used to Macs, use macs; if you`re used to IBMs, use IBMs; if you`re not used to either, get out a pen and a whole lot of paper
LOL! I've owned macs all my life in my house. Started with a little black and white one in 1993! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It was so cute...but anyways...I am fully competent on a PC as well. All of my Grandparents and the City Libraries use PC's.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #142
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

actually I had a freind who was all-linux...

Yeah he was a very suppressed guy... never crashed or anything, but then again he never did anything either [img]tongue.gif[/img] Kind of like his OS...
Old 10-11-2002, 06:11 AM   #143
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
^_^ Thanks Kaltia...

quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:

I couldn't find it because stupid PSP7 doesn't have anything like that!

As soon as I get Photoshop I'm deleting PSP7!

Ok, what do you do after drawing a shape around the object?
AS far as I know, photoshop for the PC doesnt have the tool O_o Paint has something like it tho, so use MS paint [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's handy for things like that, after making the shape around the object, make sure you dont fill the object IN LOL fill in the world AROUDN the object instead, so draw away from the object and then Go around the edges or whatever you dont mind cutting out of the WHOLE image, just like drag it along the sides or something and make everyithing AROUND the object a solid color... for example, if I waned to cutt out a square, i'd go around the sides of the square then BEFORE connecting the beggining of the shape to the end i'd drag a line AWAY from the shape, then BACK around all of the edges of the drawing, then encircling it so I get back to the first line, like a line parralel to the first one formed, and then pick away at the few remaining pencils with another (or the same) tool, depending...

If it was perfect then the job is done, as long as everything around the object is a solid color it can be hieghlighted, cut, transfered, saved as a TIFF, (dont do GIF, or JPEG as that will tend to turn the solid color into many little pixilated annoying colors >_< ) and that should be all there is to it!
[/QUOTE]Thanks /)eath but I still have one more request.

Could you possibly post a screenshot of the bit where you cut the object away from the backround? (after going around the object with the polygon tool)

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:01 AM   #144
Gromnir
Dungeon Master

Thanks Death Bringer!!!!
Thinking of death while living,<br />This is the warrior\'s way<br />thinking of pain when in pleasure.<br />keeps you alive from day to day<br /><br />Time is a great teacher, and then kills all it\'s students.<br /><br />DJG\'s first official helper and second in command. <br /><br />
Old 10-11-2002, 08:15 AM   #145
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gromnir:
Thanks Death Bringer!!!!
Nice siggy James!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] This place is the best.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:21 AM   #146
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Which makes me think........

Now, I would love to host my own sig. I know how it can slow your server down (Or slow something down! )

Well, I tried it, but www.20m.com don't host very well, I hosted my own, but it was very tempremental.

So unless you can tell me a free WYSIWYG site, I'll have to let you host it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Thanks for all your help Death's!

EDIT: Added "Polite Smilies"

[ 10-11-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: DJG ]
Old 10-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #147
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

www.ranchoweb.com is probably the best for image hosting [img]tongue.gif[/img] they dont go down, but they're kind of limited in size, good if you want to host just one sig [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 05:32 PM   #148
Sir Goulum
John Locke

ARe you kidding? I have like 15 pictures on my Ranchoweb account. And the best thing is, if you run out of room, just make a second [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 12:07 AM   #149
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

nice... and on my lycos site i have 30 MP3s and about 180 images...
Old 10-12-2002, 10:20 AM   #150
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

does that make since?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

just makke sure it ends up being solid and all that area gets filled in with a solid color so when put into GIF format it can be stand alone without a backdrop, or it can be copied and pasted onto a background later [img]tongue.gif[/img] or a NEW background layer if extracting from an old background