Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

Can someone here come up with a good strat for killing the demon knight in durlags?

And I would also like to know this: I suceeded in killing it once, but he slaughtered my whole party except my maincharacter, so I decided to start over. I got 15000 exp. Well, the thing is, when I check my stats to see the exp, I had the same (161k on a mage) as before the battle. does anyone here knows why?

------------------
All hail The Wizard!
Istaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:37 PM   #2
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Because, 161K Exp points is the highest a mage can go, unless you take the Exp cap off. So no matter how much you kill, you wont go past 161k, unless, of course, you took the exp cap off
Pain-Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 03:24 PM   #3
TraderVixII
Dungeon Master

My prefered way to kill the demonknight:
Spoiler
Make everyone invisible on my party. Set them up to defend the main door. Send my theif down and break the mirror. (using the ring of invisiblity) make my thief invisible again and set him/her on the opposite side of the room (to watch all the enemies. Mage cast cloudkill in the center of the room. Wait for the hairy, bad nasties to come for my mage and kill them (usually one at a time but I leave atleast one fighter on another side just in case). Lots of magic missles and fireballs. Make sure to kill the greater dopplegangers (2 of them but I don't think they go by that name {though they have the same body shape}) as soon as you see them or the will open up spells on you. The demonknight will typically die by his own reflection and that reflection will usually die by your cloudkill. The rest is ez $$$$

------------------
Did you know you can use your old motor oil to fertize your lawn?
TraderVixII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
Lord Shield

Spoiler
My preferred method:
Leader is invisible tank with fireproofing and Fear Resistance and Haste and Chant. He goes next to DK and starts to smack his head in. After DK does fireball, other tanks wade in. DK goes pop

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html