Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 06:42 AM   #1
Drail
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi I just got this game and so far its great but I've got a few questions for you pros.

firstly, i read the tips on saving, then reloading when you open a chest to get good stuff but it doesnt seem to work for me with the latest patch. Is there a way to make it random again?
Secondly, does HP go up linearly with levels or does it go up by a random amount?
Thirdly, I just met the first merchant and theres a chest near him. Does he get pissed off if you loot it or is it non related?

thanks
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
Pangur Ban

Welcome to Ironworks, Drail !!

The contents of chests are set when you *first* enter an area ( not when you open the chest ), so if you save before you open a chest, and reload if you don't like the contents, nothing will change. The only way around this is to reload a save from before you entered the current area.

HP goes up a set amount at each level up, but it can be increased by putting more points into Vitality.

If the merchant is where I think it is, you shouldn't have any problems. ( Maybe it isn't his chest? )

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
Drail
Elite Waterdeep Guard

are the items carried by merchants set the same way? or can i reload to get better stuff from them?
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Burz will not be upset if you loot the chest near him, so go ahead and get whatever is in there.

Merchant inventory is set the first time you speak to the storekeeper. So in this case, you can reload if you don't like what you see (provided you saved before speaking to them).

However, keep in mind that low level merchants won't be selling high level stuff.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Let's clarify that info on merchants.

Their inventory is set for 24 game hours the first time you speak to them. If you save right before talking to them and don't like their inventory, you can reload it and it will change what they've got.

If you talk to them and then move on and come back to them within 24 hours, their inventory will not have changed from the first time you saw it.

In that case the only way to re-randomize it (you will just about always see the items you have sold them even after randomizing) is to 1) camp and wait until the 24 hours have passed from your first talking to them (camp two or three times depending on how long it's been) or 2) wander away and do other things until the 24 hours have passed.

In both cases you will want to save just before talking to them in case you need to re-randomize again. I normally camp for at least a short period (you can interrupt your camping) to make sure I'm past the 24 hour limit.

Also - I'm not sure if the 24 hour reset limit is from the last time you talk to them or the 1st time you talk to them (when the inventory gets set initially) so I always try not to go near them for at least 24 hours in case it does reset the timer on changing inventory.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:01 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

it's only reset by talking.

i routinely take naps in antone's bedroom for 24 hours to wait for his stuff to reset. crock, i will nap in front of him.

doesn't seem to bother them.

however, anna has called the guards on me for snoozing near her. (i don't PP, either) so, go fig! ::shrugs, smiling::

V***V