Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Strange I killed MAREK straight after the conversation he had with me warning me to not mess with the iron throne, so I killed him before he got 'offscreen' then stole everything he had on him which included the cure for the poison.
All 6 of my characters drank it plus Lothanders other half and for some reaon we all still died?!?!
Is there something else we need to do?
Is this a bug?
Also MAREK *DIDN'T* mysteriously 'resurrect' himself to be at the BLUSHING MERMAID? So what am I suppose to do now?

Someone help.
Thanks.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Can you reload? Because right now that seems like a very good idea.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

No I obviously can't otherwise I would of done it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
its been overwrited or deleted

Is there nothing else I can do?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

CLUA possibly.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Is CLUA the console? and how do you do that?

I tried to readd the mareks potion back (with game editor) and drink it again, but nothing seems to happen???
You may as well just tell me what would have happened if I spoke to MAREK at the Blushing Mermaid and hadn't killed him so quickly...
Old 01-08-2005, 03:17 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If you don't have an old Savegame, you're screwed.

Go here to learn why you're screwed. You'll have to click & drag over some invisible text to read it.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 AM   #7
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Is it possible I could either EDIT the variable to "I have been cured" with CLUA console or make a character come back to life?
Or worst case scenario
if I reload back to my earliest game giving me more time before the poison takes effect to travel to Candlekeep to kill SAREVOK I imagine (don't spoil it for me if you could because I have never actually finished the game! the first time I played years ago my computer got a virus and reformated!!!! Maybe I am destined to not complete it!)
And how many chapters are there in the game 6? or 7?

DAMN! I missed out on meeting DRIZZT (and area) as well and giving him a 6 on 1 sparring match!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

7. Btw, you would still have time to fight Drizzt! Take things in your stride, this isn't a rushed game, you will find the time to do whatever you want after coming from Candlekeep

Well, you can't use CLUA to change variables, does anyone know if you can do it with Gatekeeper? I have only used SK with BG1 as that was with BGT, so I couldn't tell you. You could probably CLUA him back to life, I'm not sure whether it would work, but worth a try. Google his CLUA code.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #9
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

"Well, you can't use CLUA to change variables, does anyone know if you can do it with Gatekeeper? I have only used SK with BG1 as that was with BGT, so I couldn't tell you. You could probably CLUA him back to life, I'm not sure whether it would work, but worth a try. Google his CLUA code."

To be honest I am not even sure what you mean by CLUA? Is that the game editor your referring to? and where do you get his code from? and how do you use this code to bring a dead character back to life? in say a game editor you would know of like Sword Coast Keeper?
Old 01-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #10
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Did you talk to Lothander in the festival in the middle of the city? You MUST talk to him before Marek will appear in the Blushing Mermaid. His geas must be removed, and he will tell you how.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote