Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Khalen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I recently acquired ToB and started playing BGII again. I had played it several times without it and I am at the beginning of ToB now.

When Bodhi 'killed' Aerie (my lover at that time), something (the journal I think) hinted that Elhan might know a way to revive her. So I went as quick as I could and talked to him. From that moment on things were going automatic. He couldn't help me so I assumed one of the priests in the city would know it. And all of a sudden I was in Hell again. Needless to say, Aerie is still dead.

My question: Can I revive Aerie in ToB? ( if I can, a yes will suffice since I have not played ToB yet. You can slap me around with spoilers from SoA but not with ToB)
Khalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #2
Khalen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm.. I cannot revive her it seems. Though I can summon her as if nothing happened since we left Quayle. I haven't seen any sign of our romance either.

If she came along the normal way way, would the romance still exist?

PS: It feels strange walking around with her body in my backpack and at my side...
Old 02-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

You could have revived Aerie in SoA, but not by going to suldanesselar. I'm not sure off hand how to do it.

Also, you can exit Suldanesselar regardless of the fact that Irenicus' is mere hours away from taking the power of the tree of life yadda yadda yadda. He will wait. So, if you have a savegame early enough you can go back and finish the romance.

There would be a ToB romance if you had finished the SoA part of the romance in time.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Um... I think she may be gone for good legitimately [img]smile.gif[/img] You need to go to the Room Of Amaunator in the Temple Ruins, walk across his name and place the body into the place where the hands reach out for something. You also need something else. Its all in the book you find at the bottom floor of Bohdi's place, where you stake her. Perhaps someone can help me out here and elaborate on what I have said already?
Old 02-23-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Khalen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah thank you for your help..

I'm sure I had a save game around that time but I didn't feel like doing al those things over again. So I was prepared to take the loss..

Advancing in Throne of Bhaal with only 5 people I decided not to take Sarevok (seeing I am a paladin and paladins do not match with chaotic evil party members) I was giving the chance of summoning some of my old companions.

Naturally I summoned Aerie and we both acted as if we hadn't seen each other since chapter 2. But being a while ingame she started to talk to me, a romance talk. So the statues have more power then suspected..

Now.. if only I had a place to let her previous body rest...
Old 02-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Dump it in a container in your pocket plane.
Or how about Watcher's Keep? Let it slumber in protection.

Are you sure it was romance? Did the Romance Music (tm) play?

And Drew, you need the body and Bodhi's heart.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

if its your first time in TOB i would recomend you to take saverok.. he kicks ass!! took him with no regrets

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Khalen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Illumina, I have her always with me in a bag of holding [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I'm not sure if the music played, but I'm sure it was a romance talk.

Harkollar, I kick ass too. And Sarevok is just too evil for my Paladin [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:35 AM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Have a little faith, Khalen... Take a chance on Sarevok. Haven't you ever heard that you should lead by example? Who better to benefit from a paladin's good example?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Have a little faith, Khalen... Take a chance on Sarevok. Haven't you ever heard that you should lead by example? Who better to benefit from a paladin's good example?
If you take Sarevok with you, play the goody goody Paladin attitude when he talks to you . You'll be surprised what happens.
BTW, can't you do the same thing that you can do to Sarevok to Viconia as well?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote