Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I FINALLY got Tales of the Sword Coast--I was soooo excited (been trying for months and months) and ran home to install.....had to reinstall BG1 (Windows had to be redone due to multiple trouble and erased the reg links, I guess). Now, we have played BG1 ad nauseum --and I dutifully back-uped the save files, portraits and such *just in case*.

Hit install and.....nope. Hung up on objanim.bif then proceeded to go on and presumably install. BUT when I hit play, it comes up assertion error line 581. (and this after upteen attempts to install, defraging the registry and hd, etc.) Ok, on a whim, I popped in the Tales cd. Install...ok, no prob, no hangup, installed the problem .bif and everything! BUT, you guessed it! Assertion error line 581!!!

My question is this: what the nine hells is going on!!! Yes, the disc is a bit scratched but has never given us any trouble before! Our nephew has a burned copy of this disc so tomorrow we'll see if he'll loan it out....hopefully he hasn't deep-sixed it (BG and Darkstone refused to run on his machine altogether--no explanation).

The mouse dies next! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Any help would be much appreciated.

(EDIT: I already know that line 581 error supposedly has to do with installing to the root directory.....but I did install to its very own folder and not the root directory, so this assertion error is moronic!)

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Old 02-02-2002, 11:15 PM   #2
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

That's over my head. Try the BG1/Tales Technical Support forum at Bioware.

http://forums.bioware.com/index.php