Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Ok, so i found out why sime was screwing up in my prior game
it seems in order to have her banter/romance etc correctly i cant play with her and the big picture mod as its bugged; i can force dialogue talk to start her up but that sort of artificial gameplay doesnt suit me since it all happens at once rather than timed (as jaheira would say the talk becomes maudlin or somethin)

Hmm...
So anyhow,
since i cannot play with sime in the big picture
i was thinking ill replay the big picture with various npcs newly available in that mod.
Now theres where the problem is...
who the heck to pic? theres *so* many!
Perhaps some who have played the big picture before can give me a bit of a review on the various npcs contained.
Charlotte - found ?
Adario Kalvaras - found in CC
Kagain - found ?
Kivan - found ?
Montaron - found docks
Robillard - found in docks
Shar-Teel - found ?
Vesine found ?
Xzar - found docks
Yeslick - found in CC
Selence Hillstar - found ?
Now...do these guys have good banter/quests associated with them?
and also, ive found xzar at the docks after i return the body of the poisoned man to the harpers; but he seems to totally skip the old part of his quest where you would kill his aprentices and eventually get himself killed - he goes straight to being alive again and asking to join the group to rescue monty....so is this my game installed improperly or is it a bug?
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #2
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Spoilers

According to TDD.
As i understand the Big Picture contains tdd, so unless they have changed it, these 2 chars will be in:

Shar-tel is in prison in athkatla.
kagain in the gate district, near the wagon.

Yeslick-Temple district.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:25 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The bit about Xzar coming back alive straight away is part of TDD. And *none* of the TDD NPCs (which of that list, I think is all but Vesine, Selence, and Charlotte) have /any/ banter, or well-developed quests.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:15 AM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Hrm, well that sucks, so it seems there really isnt much reason to play the big picture mod for me then if its screwing up the only really interesting characters.
vesine is a tdd btw; so i take it just the shadows over soubar npcs (selence/charlotte) have any banter/quests then?
do you happen to know if their banter is spread throughout the bioware npcs so id get a different experience playing with them with various bioware npcs? I hear sime has 2-12 banters with everyone; probably will uninstall BP sos i can have some fun with her.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote