Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 09:21 PM   #1
adam mage

yeah got bitten by those rabid hairy pigs

can't heal it, can't unbind, can't restore health, etc..

was there a scroll/spell that can eliminate the symptom?
Old 01-26-2001, 09:29 PM   #2
Moni

I have seen ONE Cure potion but not until Cet's pyramid...get your character healed at the Temple for a price QUICK or reload your game....wasting disease causes your character to lose hit points!
Don't eat that Worgur, its sick!
; )
Moni
Old 01-26-2001, 09:32 PM   #3
Lorelei

If you don't have a character with the Cure (Vine) spell, your next best bet is healing at a temple. You might also be able to get a cure potion through donating at a temple. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a cure scroll, though.
Old 01-26-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
adam mage

*urps* ooops....

did the tour in the stout mines
no problems with the computer ....yet...
Old 01-27-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
Dwarf

The party knealed in the passageway beside a lit lantern. "Careful," breathed Shevine, far from her usual reserved self," it's very delicate".
They stared at a small scrap of parchment, cracked and yellowed with age.
"What is it?" asked Telar the Priest.
Gertha did that annoying think where she wrinkled her nose just on the corner of peoples vision just when they do not want to be distracted.However, for once this failed to force even a giggle from Shevines slim elven lips.
"Long ago," the sorceress began," a Wizard called Ysorta Tharg heard of a terrible malady called a rotting wasting disease.He spent many years studying it and eventually wrote a spell to protect him from such evil and to purge his body of any contamination.Unfortunately this malady was so rare that he died of old age before ever coming into contact with it.It is said that his scroll of disease expurgation rotted away under the strains of time.I never thought to see such a relic,.."
"How much can we sell it for?" asked Durin.
"Carenis want's new chop choppy thing to play with monsters with!" Mumbled the hulking barbarian.
"Sell?" Shevine's voice rose in disbelief,"Sell! Surely you do not believe that we would sell such an artifact? I mean, think of the prestige that I could gain at the guild, that's definately his writing, I didn't get the chance to see much of his work at the guild but that's definately his handwriting."
"Carenis want's ne choppy thing!" Intoned Carenis in a notably louder tone of voice.
"Careful," hissed Durin," keep the noice down or you'll start an avalanche in 'ere."
"What's that!" Boombed the barbarian, there was a noticable rumbling overhead, small rocks bounced and scuttled down the walls.Lisa and Telar braced themselves against a nearby pit prop and began to look up nervously.
"Roof fall on head! Yer great big clod." Explained the dwarf.
"Gertha," asked Shevine,her voice a model of pleading sincerity," you're the most carefull with you're hands.Do you reckon you could please pick that thing up,"
Gertha leaned forwards,looked nervously at the creaking roof, and extended a timorous hand towards the scraps of parchment.
"Careful," breathed the elf,"that thing could fall apart in you're very hands.Take extreme care."
"Here," grumbled Durin,"I thought you said that thing rotted away like."Shevine glanced nervously at the precariously balanced gnome,small furrows of nervousness forming between her eyes "It hasn't yet but it could go at any moment.I'll press it between the pages of my spell book untill we get back to town."
"Well, it aint got far to go.It's nearly all gone now."Asserted Durin.
"Got it!"Exclaimed Gertha triumphantly.She leaned over and carefully deposited the crumpled brown sheet upon the open book.
"Carenis wan't new choppy choppy," grunted the large man,"he want it now."
"What?"asked Sister Lisa,"wasn't that Imperial Gladius good enough for you?"
"Not long enough. It has bad balance and pointy end.Carenis no want pointy sword,Carenis want choppy sword."
"Yeah, it's simple really," cut in Durin," the longer the edge of the blade,the deeper the potential for the cut.Even better if it's curved>"He grinned hefting his axe to prove his point.
"At last." As Shevine Callishan murmered her words of self approval the very breath from her lips lifted the ancient parchment.The strain of such a minor air tremour was too much for it and it floated in strands into the air.Shevine grasped at fragments, desparately ignoring Carenis' shouted demands.
The next thing she knew stone where falling all around her.Large, rough hand where grabbing her, pulling her backwards.She screamed in frustration,heard her assailant screaming too"Hurty stones,owhow!Carenis get choppy on nasty stones".The dust of falling stones filed her eyes and her throat causig her to choke hideously.

Soon the pain subsided.She could see through the dust that caked her eyes and face.Her body felt fresh and wholesome yet exhausted.Through the haze two faces swam into focus, the faces of Telar and Lisa.
"Did I die?" She mumbled weekly.The sound of her ragged voice scared her,someone was coughing,it was her.
"Fortunately not," Father Telar reassured her," but you where lucky not too.Rest now, you'll need it.Carenis saved you're life.He's currently trying to wrestle a wall to the ground to work off his aggression."The square jawed priest chuckled although his laugh could have been more convincing,"when he calms down we'll persuade him to help Durin.He's diggin out that spell book that you dropped in you're haste to catch those fragments.At least now you have time to rest.Be patient.And be more careful in future."