Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
manikus
Jack Burton

Default Re: The City

The City has grown. Welcome Guildmaster Arminius.

The map for the city has been updated on The City website.

Expect a new version of the base sometime this weekend...(maybe a little sooner. )
Old 10-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #22
Jadefang
Dungeon Master

I've been bored lately. I think I'll claim a ward.
However, do you think I should take one that isn't connected to A, since its routes out might not be established yet?
Jadefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #23
manikus
Jack Burton

Sunglass Man Re: The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefang View Post
I've been bored lately. I think I'll claim a ward.
However, do you think I should take one that isn't connected to A, since its routes out might not be established yet?
Personally, because I like to define as much myself as possible, I would choose a Ward that doesn't border on Ward A.
Though, I did say it was first come, first serve, so if you choose B or F you could define the border with A if you were quick about it since Arminius hasn't posted anything yet.
Or, you could choose B or F and PM Arminius and work something out.

Pretty much whatever you want to do.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #24
Jadefang
Dungeon Master

Perhaps I'll take Ward C then.
Jadefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #25
manikus
Jack Burton

Sunglass Man Re: The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefang View Post
Perhaps I'll take Ward C then.
Ward C it is.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #26
Arminius
The Magister

Welcome aboard Jadefang! So manikus - ready with the updated map yet?

If we are all part of one city and the center of the city is being designed by one designer [manikus] does that mean we can request to have references to specific places or events from our Wards added into the city center design? Say for example there is a Mining company stationed in Ward A looking to recruit some new blood or a wealthy collector wanting to hire a party of adventurers to track down some rare item for him or a large Mercantile Company seeking men at arms to accompany a caravans traveling some dangerous trade route...

could something like this be submitted to the City Authorities with the request to be added to an Advertisement Billboard or something of that nature? Perhaps even something like in Phlan of Pool of Radiance where jobs [quests] could be obtained at the commisioner's office. Or just two boards with notices and want ads nailed to it and propped against each other on the ground in the center of town would do.

Or should we just treat our own Ward as a kind of town within a larger town each with it's own town center, it's own local government offices, it's own savings and loan, it's own notery where say a hunting license could be obtained or passport or contracts officially noterized, etc., etc.
Arminius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #27
manikus
Jack Burton

XTHost is offline, so until they're back up, I won't be able to update anything No. Seriously. I can't. It's not my fault. My cat ate the update.

Seriously though, I haven't done as much as I wanted. I've had some school projects get big because some of my team members have dropped the ball, I've been sick for like a week and my in-laws get into town in about two hours.
But, never fear, i do have something new to upload. All the buildings are laid out in the City Center and about two-thirds of them have doors. I've only got a small number of events in place, but they will certainly provide the flavor that I hope to achieve in the City Center.

Ward to Ward sharing: Yes! Yes! Yes! I mean, if you want to. If you have something you want me to advertise in the City Center, let me know. I do reserve the right to do what I want with it, of course, such as posting it somewhere, using it in a tavern tale, small talk made with NPCs, etc. What I don't want to do is set up a quest for someone. In other words if the local Carpenter's guild need special nails to finish a new storefront, I'll have my merchant's guild representative post it on their job board and maybe someone in a tavern will mention something about it.

Right now, I have a bank, an inne, a fest hall, a temple (to Torm) and a shop that sells magical supplies (think the physical elements of a spell). I will be adding:
Merchant's guild
Mercenary guild
Mayor's office
Jail
various taverns
at least one more inne (I like using the 'e' on the end)
another temple
several types of shops
smithy
a merchant's league office (this is a continent wide group of local merchant's guilds)
resources for mages, fighters and paladins for sure - don't know about the others, but probably not anything for rangers or druids as the setting is too urban.
--plus a whole bunch more that I can't recall off of the top of my head.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #28
Arminius
The Magister

Cool Dude Re: The City

Cool dude.
Arminius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:30 AM   #29
manikus
Jack Burton

Of course, the site host is still down, so I'm not sure where this new upload will be.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #30
Uatu
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

...and I think I would like Ward E! (E for Edward, of course.) But I downloaded the ZIP and all Wards seem empty for now...

How do we edit just a part and then re-merge the parts together, though?

My Blog:
http://advanceddantiansanddragons.blogspot.com
Uatu is offline   Reply With Quote