Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 07:19 PM   #1
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

This time in soccer. We are going to the World championships. Yippee.
Sorry to all the Tsjeck people out there. Your team played two very good matches and in the end we might just have been a bit more lucky.
On a side note. Holland gaat niet mee(the Netherlands aren't qualified). I just had to say that. I'm playing competition in the Netherlands and had to here them rave about their team for two years, now i can gloat.
Here's another interesting list. The teams that have qualified for the end round of the World championships soccer for six consecutive times are :
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Brasil (maybe but they should)
and last but not least BELGIUM
Feels good to be in that list.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:58 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
This time in soccer. We are going to the World championships. Yippee.
Sorry to all the Tsjeck people out there. Your team played two very good matches and in the end we might just have been a bit more lucky.
On a side note. Holland gaat niet mee(the Netherlands aren't qualified). I just had to say that. I'm playing competition in the Netherlands and had to here them rave about their team for two years, now i can gloat.
Here's another interesting list. The teams that have qualified for the end round of the World championships soccer for six consecutive times are :
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Brasil (maybe but they should)
and last but not least BELGIUM
Feels good to be in that list.

You is coming to the party!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-15-2001, 05:17 AM   #3
Argus
The Magister

Ack! Can't believe how nervous Ukraine was in the opening minutes
against Germany! Three goals in 17 minutes!!!

Now the world just has to wait for Ireland/Iran and Australia/Uruguay and then suffer until the draw.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:20 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Well, I would rather have seen the Czech going to the World Championships. Yesterday the Belgians played very.. well... foul. Just no soccer anymore. And IMHO Nedved was sent off for no reason.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-15-2001, 05:30 AM   #5
norompanlasolas

Anyways, its going to be a nice world cup. Too bad for the time difference (7 hours with Europe!!!).

Also, I think Argentina and France are favourites to win it. But you never know, maybe even england can... well not really, hehe... [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2001, 05:43 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Nah! England will lose, because some stupid action committed by one of the players.. Maybe Paul Scholes will kick someone, and be sent off.. j/k Referring to David Beckham, who was, IMHO, unrightfully blamed for the fact that England lost to Argentina. It was the fault of the entire English team, not only his.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-15-2001, 08:27 AM   #7
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I like Italy very much! I think they are going to be the new world champions.
As for the Brasil, what happened to that perfect team?????
Old 11-15-2001, 10:22 AM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Well, I would rather have seen the Czech going to the World Championships. Yesterday the Belgians played very.. well... foul. Just no soccer anymore. And IMHO Nedved was sent off for no reason.

I thought you where from the Netherlands. Explains a lot. As for our side playing foul, what would you have done. We were clinging to a 1-0 lead. That's not much. Did you see the first match ? I don't think we played foul there. Maybe on one occasion with the red card. And as far as Nedved getting red. Maybe it was for no reason but we had scored at that point already and there were only a few minutes left and the penalty was one. they had to score three goals which they wouldn't have done in that time frame even with Nedved.
Oh and again, Holland gaat niet mee. Where are all the Dutch soccer stars now. Hehe.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:01 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Sounds like a bit of petty jealousy on your part here, Jan Jansen junior. I have no problem with Belgium or their national soccer team, so I don't see why you should be so biased against us.

Old 11-15-2001, 04:14 PM   #10
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's not jealousy. As i said, i play in the Netherlands myself and heard your countrymen rave about the Dutch team and hearing them say that ours is worth nothing. C'mon, give me my time of glory, my time to gloat. Besides why would i be jealous ? Last time i checked we did qualify and you guys didn't.
Then there is another thing. What you guys have with Germany, we have with the Netherlands. That doesn't mean we don't like Dutch people but we do like it if they get creamed in sports.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: JR Jansen ]