Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 12:59 PM   #51
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

Melsuine, I know you are probally hurt, a lot. you are just like that friend of mine. she was hurt, badly, and she was not reacting truthfully to her past, not facing them, not acknowledging them. and her raction had hurt me REALLY bad

you understand what I am saying here? I know how it is to live a hurtful life

Please, PLEASE don't you dare make assumptions about my feelings/state of mind!
I find it incredibly offensive you assume to have that kind of knowledge about me. As a matter of fact, you're wrong, too. Why can't I disagree with people without others making semi-psychological comments about me? (sorry, you're the second one today). I am just someone who ultimately believes in helping others, even if they might not deserve it, and I fervently disagree with a worldview that states everybody is responsible for the outcome of their lives. That is all. No need to assume that this opinion is fueled from personal experiences.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 01:02 PM   #52
Lord Shield

Dr Waco had exceptionally strong character - would he have been so if his whole life was a string of horrific events? How can you equate this to EVERYBODY

Some people require more help than others - simple fact

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-06-2001, 01:04 PM   #53
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I agree with Mel. Let's see YOU lose a child and just "make a positive choice", eh?

your assumption is totally meaningless

"If I am better looking person.. I would..."
well, if you are better looking person, your personality could be dramatically different. hell, your morality could be different too!

"If I had more money..."
well, IF you had more money, who knows what you might have done with them? again, meaningless assumption

"If I had a child, and he died..."
well, I never had a child, and I never known what it is like to have one, what does that mean? so you are saying I will not make positive choices? well, why don't you assume I will make one? you are just choosing the side which favors your argument
having a child is NOT WHO I AM, it is NOT part of my experience. how can you base an argument on that?

I would say I will make positive chocies, you would say I will not, so what?

then look at a mother who DID have a child and lose that child to the accident
well, truth be told
she could live in miserable the rest of her life, so that the accident not only killed her child, but also killed her, and possibly her entire family

was it worth?

or, she can choose to a contructive way of live
choose to educate her other children, protect them from possible harm
choose other social actions to prevent similar problems

what OTHER choices do you have? name it
you have only the above two choices, live or die
you are hurt, VERY badly, but you are still alive.
if you dont choose wisely, you die. and possibly kill your LOVED ones too
Old 10-06-2001, 01:05 PM   #54
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
Originally quote by Lord Shield
I agree with Mel. Let's see YOU lose a child and just "make a positive choice", eh?

i think that 250 meant in positive choice is not be happy or celerating over a child's death (especially yours) i think he means that positive choice is where you gather up your strength, get over your depressions (after a while, not right away) and live and not be depressed forever or you could help dontate money or make an institute about the disease on what killed your child... is that it 250?

you totally got my point. very nice debating with you, it has been an enjoyable experience

Old 10-06-2001, 01:08 PM   #55
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

well, I never had a child, and I never known what it is like to have one, what does that mean? so you are saying I will not make positive choices? well, why don't you assume I will make one? you are just choosing the side which favors your argument
having a child is NOT WHO I AM, it is NOT part of my experience. how can you base an argument on that?

I would say I will make positive chocies, you would say I will not, so what?

He isn't saying you won't make positive choices, you're misreading.
You accuse him of bringing something into the argument which isn't true - the hypothesis about you losing a child is invalid, as you don't have one. I agree. However, you are doing precisely the same by making statements about the position of the mother of the child. Like you so rightly said, you don't have a child, you can't play the what if game because it isn't based on truth. Why then, do you keep mentioning examples of things you haven't experienced yourself? Following your own line of thought, such examples are meaningless as you can't know what they entail without experiencing them yourself.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-06-2001, 01:08 PM   #56
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Dr Waco had exceptionally strong character - would he have been so if his whole life was a string of horrific events? How can you equate this to EVERYBODY

Some people require more help than others - simple fact

no matter how "weak" a person is, he still have to gather strength to fight his weakness

Dr Waco has a strong character? SAYS WHO? he is born strong? well, FIND ME A BABY that is born with strong will

tell you what, character is like a sword. it is FORGED, not grown on the plantation natually.
Old 10-06-2001, 01:10 PM   #57
Lord Shield

Quote:
I'm not debating what choice YOU would make - it was a hypothetical statement. I just figure that if you actually knew how much pain the loss of a child could cause to a parent, you wouldn't be so quick to tell them "oh well, that's life - just get on with it"

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-06-2001, 01:11 PM   #58
Lord Shield

Quote:
no matter how "weak" a person is, he still have to gather strength to fight his weakness

Dr Waco has a strong character? SAYS WHO? he is born strong? well, FIND ME A BABY that is born with strong will

tell you what, character is like a sword. it is FORGED, not grown on the plantation natually.
I didn't say he was BORN strong-willed - where did you see that? - he was more likely raised in such a way he ended up with a strong character

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-06-2001, 01:11 PM   #59
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

i think that 250 meant in positive choice is not be happy or celerating over a child's death (especially yours) i think he means that positive choice is where you gather up your strength, get over your depressions (after a while, not right away) and live and not be depressed forever or you could help dontate money or make an institute about the disease on what killed your child... is that it 250?

Of course, that is obvious, Harkoliar. Doh, I know he's not meaning to say we should celebrate sad events, but accept them and deal with them. That is perfectly clear to me. My disagreement in this is that I don't think everybody can deal with every situation and emerge a better person. I don't think the foolproof way of living a happy life is to choose to live one (though a positive approach is certainly helpful) because of circumstances that we cannot imagine (because we haven't experienced them ourselves).

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-06-2001, 01:12 PM   #60
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
He isn't saying you won't make positive choices, you're misreading.
You accuse him of bringing something into the argument which isn't true - the hypothesis about you losing a child is invalid, as you don't have one. I agree. However, you are doing precisely the same by making statements about the position of the mother of the child. Like you so rightly said, you don't have a child, you can't play the what if game because it isn't based on truth. Why then, do you keep mentioning examples of things you haven't experienced yourself? Following your own line of thought, such examples are meaningless as you can't know what they entail without experiencing them yourself.

then tell me what other choices can a mother make? other than the two I have presented? huh? what OTHER hoices?

so far, none of you have really challenged my opinion yet
which is:
WHO is in control of his experience?
WHO is accountable for his life?
There is no reality, only perception
You create your own experience, which in turn make you who you are