Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 05:33 AM   #1
Azaghal
The Magister

Hacked my way thru the Ice Temple and met Nickodemus on the second level. He was very cooperative and helped me when I promised to do him a favor he would name later. Well, I slayed each and every hostile creature in the temple by now, freed Nathaniel on level one, who announced he would destroy the Temple as soon as we left it, but still Nickodemus doesn't ask for his favor. Whenever I talk to him about it, he says something like "Not now, but soon." I have tried resting, but to no avail. I am about to leave, but after Nathaniel'S demolition work I am sure I won't be able to return. Did I miss something? How can I make Nickodemus ask for his favor? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:38 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Don't fret. Nikodemus WILL ask you for that favour but not until later in the game. If you've done everything else in the Ice Temple, you can go ahead with the game.

You can also wait to complete the Battle Squares mini-quest later as well. However, that quest is only available prior to starting chapter 4 iirc, so don't put it off TOO long. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You'll need a 14-15 level char to beat tier 10.
And the favor he asks you will be fun, trust me.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Did anyone else find the battle squares challenge really boring? I got fed up and got on with the game!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
You'll need a 14-15 level char to beat tier 10.
And the favor he asks you will be fun, trust me.
What's so fun about it? I found killing all those simple fiends and whatever else quite tedious.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I didn't find that boring, but it was certainly different than the level before. I won't go into details to prevent spoilers.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:35 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

P.S.
The battle squares can get really boring(250 battles minimum) but the rewards are quite rewarding. I'm talking about the best/second best weapon in the game, the +5 Brilliant Short Sword(the only better weapon is the HoF Delnar's Cleaver, even Cera Sumat[not the HoF edition] falls beore this awesome sword).
Old 02-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #8
motub
The Magister

Yes, I must agree with Bozos of Bones-- BS was pretty tedious (especially with all the reloading to avoid monsters I couldn't beat, having used the "save after every successful battle" trick).

But boy oh boy, did I feel good when I was named the Battle Master (even if by rights I should have been the Battle Mistress)! I mean, I had really earned it!! And the weapons were good, plus the ones I couldn't use brought in a very nice piece of change so I could afford some stuff that I could use. It was made even better by the fact that I was using the Weidu Ease-of-Use "Some HoF items in regular mode" mod, so I got more money for what I sold, and could buy better stuff with the proceeds.

Battle Squares may be boring but definitely is worth doing.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote