Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 06:21 AM   #21
Aliyah L'bliss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Dundee, I know where the belt is, and the flame tongue, but where is the ninja-to?

Also, I have just been using my fists, would a weapon like ninja-to be better? and if so will stunning blow work with a weapon as well as my fists?
Old 09-09-2002, 06:34 AM   #22
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliyah L'bliss:
Thanks Dundee, I know where the belt is, and the flame tongue, but where is the ninja-to?
Also, I have just been using my fists, would a weapon like ninja-to be better? and if so will stunning blow work with a weapon as well as my fists?
The Scarlett Ninja-To is an item sold by Joluv, one of the bonus merchants. You may download him and Deidre here. Joluv came with the pre-ordered copy of the game, while Deidre came with the game when ordered online; or was it the other way round?

As far as I know, stunning blow only works with your fists. The reason for the Scarlett Ninja-To is because it grants an additional attack per round, and can finish off trolls. Very handy for a Monk, especially since a Monk cannot spit acid/poison or breathe out fire.

Oh, and before I forget. Welcome to the Ironworks Forums, Aliyah L'bliss.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 06:39 AM   #23
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

One tip on the Monk, DONT ever let him use a weapon in combat. He really sucks when using weapons, only use it when necessary (like killing trolls with Flame Tougue after knocking it down). ANother one is try and max out ur Stealth points, for it can become really useful when assasinating someone (like backstabbing).
Old 09-09-2002, 07:01 AM   #24
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
One tip on the Monk, DONT ever let him use a weapon in combat. He really sucks when using weapons, only use it when necessary (like killing trolls with Flame Tougue after knocking it down). ANother one is try and max out ur Stealth points, for it can become really useful when assasinating someone (like backstabbing).
I disagree. The Scarlet Ninja-to is a Monk only weapon, gives an extra 1/2 attack per round on top of their unarmed attack rate, and deals poison damage (which also kills trolls).
Only problem with it is that there is a save vs. the poison damage; but it is still better than bare hands (even for a monk [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Also, AFAIK Monks don`t have a backstab multiplyer. This doesn`t make stealth entirely useless though (do monks HAVE stealth ?? *flips open manual*), and I agree with you on maxing them out, you get an extra bit of time before having to rely on your MR in multi spellcaster fights [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-09-2002, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:18 AM   #25
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I dont use bonus merchants, so that's why I dont know anything about that Ninja-to sword. And yes Monks do have the Stealth ability, it's real useful for killing Iron golems. Go stealth, sneak up to golem, hit it, run away, stealth again and so on... I never said anything about Monks having the backstab ability. I said that using the stealth ability tactic is something like using backstab. And also, I prefer to rely the Cloak of Mirrors when fighting mages than relying on my MR. MR is only for blocking away mental spells...
Old 09-09-2002, 07:21 AM   #26
Aliyah L'bliss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had no idea there were bonus merchants, thanks for that, i will download it asap [img]smile.gif[/img]

The download doesnt work, its trying to download but hasnt asked me for a location and doesnt know how long left, so im assuming it doesnt work?

[ 09-09-2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Aliyah L'bliss ]
Old 09-09-2002, 08:03 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm? I just tried downloading it and it works perfectly fine. If you still have trouble trying to download it, right-click on the icon and "Save Target As...".
Old 09-09-2002, 08:31 AM   #28
Aliyah L'bliss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Dundee, it worked doing save as.

[ 09-09-2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Aliyah L'bliss ]
Old 09-09-2002, 08:53 AM   #29
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:13 AM   #30
Thuram
Dungeon Master

I am soloing with a Monk right now. His fighting ability is really great.

The stealth mode is very usefull, specially when your area has many corners where you can hide after hitting your enemy. If your Charisma is high there is a good chance that you will do the first hit after coming out of the shadows.

My level 10 Monk killed the party in the north of the sewers using stealth and a sling when necessary.

I suggest you to spend your money in:
* scarlet ninja-to (I am saving money for this item - Joluv is a bit expensive)
* +5 sling (needs no bullets)
* Amulett sold by Deirdre (I think +5 hit points, charisma and prot. from evil). May be very handy if you have to face a demon.
* Ring of Air Elemental (I can't remember the exact name. Let's you cast enhanced invisibility - good for fightin)
* of course the 19 ST girdle
* Bracers of AC3 (depends on how good your current AC is)
* Potions, many potions ...

I would guess that stunning blow and quivering palm work even if you use a weapon different than fists. I think so because the Assasin's poison weapon even works with Melf's Minute Meteors.

I have a few questions too:

1) Is the +5 sling sold by Joluv a +5 weapon? I mean is it not only Thaco + 5, can you hit e.g. Kangaxx the demi lich?

2) Any idea how to kill him? How to protect from his spells? As far as I know his imprisonment spell ignores MR.

3) Can a Monk use the Wand of Heavens as a cleric can? Where can it be found?
Thuram is offline   Reply With Quote