Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Just saw on ABC News that Iraq has agreed to UN weapons inspectors with no conditions. We shall see....

Mark

Here is a link to the story at CNN http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/...raq.un.letter/

[ 09-16-2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 09-16-2002, 07:18 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

Iraq has finally managed to hide everything after all of their delays. It just seems kind of odd, that Hussein was quite insistant that their were to be no inspections of any kind, and then he abruptly does a 180. Sounds like he's hiding something.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:21 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Iraq has finally managed to hide everything after all of their delays. It just seems kind of odd, that Hussein was quite insistant that their were to be no inspections of any kind, and then he abruptly does a 180. Sounds like he's hiding something.
Or that he is finally scared $h1t1e$$.

Mark
Old 09-16-2002, 07:25 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

I suppose, but I don't think he's scared. Hussein is well protected and quite unreachable hidden behind his zealots. Unfortunately he's the kind of man that wouldn't mind sending half his country to die for him, while he smokes cigars and drinks 100 year old scotch in his safehold. It seems like he's pulling a fast one over on the US by getting all his weapons hidden and moved, hence the delays in letting in the inspectors. He did the same thing a few years back, remember?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

That's one of reasons why I don't have much faith that an attack will enable us to "get" Saddam. He will be safe somewhere while Baghdad goes up in flames. He'll be harder to find than Osama, I think.

Mark
Old 09-16-2002, 07:37 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
To hell with weapon inspections, get that freak out of his bunker once and for all. Enough is enough.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:37 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
That's one of reasons why I don't have much faith that an attack will enable us to "get" Saddam. He will be safe somewhere while Baghdad goes up in flames. He'll be harder to find than Osama, I think.

Mark
I completely agree with you, although I doubt it will stop an attack if Bush really pushes for it. At the risk of starting a HUGE debate, I sometimes question the real motives for the Dubya administrations "interest" in the Middle East. I understand the need to remove terrorist factions, but feel that we are going about it all the wrong ways. I guess it must be handy to have a US friendly gov't in Afghanistan now, though.
No, I think the US needs to be a little more patient and less forceful. Sooner or later the mouse will come out of the hole, if it figures the cat's gone. Know what I mean?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
To hell with weapon inspections, get that freak out of his bunker once and for all. Enough is enough.
Easier said than done. If it was that easy they would've done that during the Gulf War
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 PM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Unfortunately it looks like that won't be happening...at least not just yet.

Mark
Old 09-16-2002, 07:46 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Easier said than done. If it was that easy they would've done that during the Gulf War[/QUOTE]No, they retreated in the gulf war, for whatever reason. The Iraqi army was scattered all over the place, but someone decided to let him sit on his throne. This kinda reminds of that movie "hamburger hill". Now they gotta go in and do the same stuff all over again against the same friggin enemy. It just doesn't make any sense.