Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 09:11 PM   #51
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock

Murdock exits the room, feeling very good. He has that peculiar grin on his face that to others in the tavern tell of another tale besides that of what really put that smile there. He does not care. He journeys down into the local mead hall and breakfast area, hoping to get some meal down his throat before making his journey. He hugged his new cloak around him warmly and securely. In the dark alley and shadows that he would soon be wandering, this cloak would do its thing to blend him in as to appear as shadow himself. Gods he loved that! Of course, in open daylight, it was an ordinary cloak that was loose and cool enough to not be a hinderance. Even in daylight, Murdock wondered if the cloak would help him "blend", so to speak so as not to be noticed so easily in a crowd. He would have to test that theory, later. Right now, he had two very good reasons to get on the trail to find this Thalali character. Wishes number two and three!
soon, he was served a fine breakfast of ham and eggs, and some sort of toasted pastry called a pop-tart. It was dreamly good. While he sat there, sipping on his hot-cocoa, he watched the people in the Inn come and go.

OOC>>>Spree, thanks for being so giving!
Mistral...how are we to meet up and have reason to travel together? It would have to be a good reason, since both of our characters seem to be loners.

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 01-28-2002, 06:43 AM   #52
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Glorfindel
Evitan Marketplace, Talking to Ralila the gensai

Glorfindel looked up into the now darkening sky and pondered for a second whether Ralila was joking, geussing she wasn't " Well, Ive never really thought of the sky, but no..... I see no reason why I wouldnt be afraid of flying, what have you in mind?" Glorfindel answered, looking at the gensai with a smile.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #53
mistral4543

OOC>>> Larry, if Spree will agree to drop Brier out of the equation, it would definitely help matters. Btw, the character referred to below is Murdoch Ahem... Spree, if you'll do just that, I'll lower the frequency of the hugs [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mistral, Room in Dragon's Clutch Tavern, Talever

"Huh?... oh, nothing much." ~ She replies casually, folding her arms across her chest ~ No point troubling her. ~ "Well, a new day has started, Brier. And we're off for some adventure, I suppose. Are you excited?" ~ Notes the forced enthusiasm of the elf ~ I really think she might be better off in some safe place. Employed in some steady job, perhaps...

When all is ready, the two half-sisters make their way to the eatery and settle themselves for breakfast. Mistral stiffens as her eyes meet another's. A single word flashes across her mind ~ Untrustworthy. ~ Her right hand instinctively reaching for her purse ~ I really should get Brier somewhere safe ~ Turning to face the latter ~ "Brier...I've been thinking... would you really want a life filled with uncertainty and danger?"

Blinking as she awaits the elf's reply.

OOC>>> If my character does band with Murdoch, Larry, you can drag her along if you wish.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:33 AM   #54
Sir Exxon
Zartan

ARLETH - NEAR THE BULWARK

"Ahh, dont worry, we'll be there soon." *But now even Thyrons voice sounded a bit scared.
After another half hour, Arleth just stops walking.*
-This is redicoulus. We have now walked for 3 hours, and there isnt a sign of a bridge. Are you sure you remember correctly, Thyron?
"Bah, of course I do. Although it was 40 years since I last crossed it..." *Thyron sounded embarrased. Not before now he realized that the bridge may not be there anymore.*
"This is just great." *Savannah had that tone again*
-And this you say now, Thyron?
"Well, I'm so old, how can I remeber that stuff?!"
*Another fight broke out.
After a quarter, they had calmed down.*
"So, what do we do now?" *Savannah finally broke the silence*
-Well, suggestions on how to cross the river would be much appreciated, *said Arleth.* Anyone?

see ya!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #55
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ooc> My appologies for not posting sooner, my father is going in for major surgery this week and I found out what for on Friday. So if you are the praying type, please pray for him, Thank you...

ic>Daelinda

...rewards for the truly determined...

~Cadell looked awefully at the heavy pouch of gold.~ "Hey! There must be at least 2,000 pieces in here!" ~She smiled broad.~ "Maybe I'll recall my days of youth and spend it all on sweets..."

Daelinda looked at Cadell and smiled,"It can be really nice taking out the trash from time to time, sweet's you say ! that sounds like a
nice way to reclaim your youth but oh what a stomach ye shall 'ave
. As fer meself I might just go wit ya, after I get me boot's and some other equipment. Im planning on doin some travelin, you up for a road trip ?"
ooc> Can I get these boot's in this town ? If you need a discription let me know.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:29 AM   #56
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
ooc> My appologies for not posting sooner, my father is going in for major surgery this week and I found out what for on Friday. So if you are the praying type, please pray for him, Thank you...

OOC--> Hey, dont mind! Of course you dont have to apologize for something like that!
Now, I'm not the prayer-kinda-guy, but I will absolutely pray for him.
Hope everything goes well!

see ya!
Old 01-28-2002, 11:36 AM   #57
Talthyr Malkaviel

Croshent, the trials at the Order

Garaeth grinned, Eben was a very capable jouster, and Garaeth had noticed through the tournament how well Eben had been faring.
'Just the jousting, like you, we have to wait for the name-drawing, and then we will be done. he paused 'I must admit I am a litlle nervous, how do you fare?'
Old 01-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #58
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock

While watching the customers come and go, Murdock spied a pair of women enter the commons hall. They took thier seats a few tables from him and began to nervously survey the room. The taller one's eyes met his for a brief moment, and she seemed to stop and inwardly shudder. While he was smirking at this action, she quickly averted her eyes and began to figet. "Now, I wonder why she did that?",he wondered, as he continued to watch her. The two were obviously not from this side of the river. They had a strange look to them, and most of the people in here did not like newcomers. Newcomers either meant freash pickings with the villians, and danger to everyone else. These two did not look dangerous. In fact, quite the opposite. Yet, visual perseption meant nothing in this world.
At length, Murdock decided to make his way over and test the newcomers out. Maybe they had something that he might find useful. He got up from his table and began to walk that way, seemingly interested in something behind his victim's table.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 01-28-2002, 05:11 PM   #59
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: ~Bangs head against desk.~ Ya'll two are gonna run off to some closet, I just know it! Just like the One-Eyed-Wolf! This thing's gonna go from PG13 for mild violence and language to rated X! In any case Murdock needs to get his ass in gear and stop lingering, ya'll can't hook up just yet.)

...Murdock...

~A timely distraction scares you half out of your skin. A nimble hand on your shoulder pivots you around. You could feel the seering heat of burning eyes staring at you. Before you stood a man with an apathetic yet bitter expression. The half-elf hosted forboding gray eyes and a mane of tousled black hair. His lean mass of muscle and multiple weapons were a cause for envy and intimidation. His pale skin was tinged only with the softest of moonlit hues. He was all clad in black and leather. His voice was wise, like the songs of age-old draconic bards, but tainted by the dark shadow of a murderous hidden hatred. In any case, it was as uninterested as it was certain.~ "I presume you are the one called Murdock."

...Glorfindel...

~The gensai returned the soft staring smile.~ "Glorfindel should come with Ralila." ~A vicous wind suddenly rose in your ears, strong enough to snap a young sapling clean in two. The gensai offered you an outstretched palm as the gust lifted you off your feet.~ "Glorfindel should take Ralila's hand." ~You had no choice but to obey and cling to her wrist as the violent blusters continued, carrying you to an unknown destination.~

...Mistral...

~Brier looked at you quizically for a moment. Her hand was instinctively toying with the quiver at her waist. She felt the dishonest aura of the place just as you did. Her eyes averted in thought for a drawn-out instant. She then looked back at you with a critical countenance.~ "Mistral, if I'm being troublesome you need to tell me." ~She fingered a single blood-red arrow withing the pouch at her side. She shook her head and looked back to you, her eyes and voice stinging like daggers.~ "It's no skin off my back. I'm really quite capable of taking care of myself." ~You were slightly taken aback by the elf's newfound confidence. Perhaps she wasn't as quiet and innocent as she looked?~

...Arleth...

~Savannah looked stressed. She was twiddling her thumbs and apparently trying to concieve a revolutionary new plan. She turned to you with a smirk.~ "Why don't we break the old man's back and use him as a bridge?" ~She shot a glare to Thyron.~ "Unless he can remember another bridge he crossed a millenia ago."

...Daelinda...

~Cadell nodded enthusiasm.~ "Oh aye! I'd love ta go with you!" ~She weighed the pouch of currency in her hand again.~ "I wager I could buy a fair new blade with this I could." ~She grinned over at you.~ "Shall we head off to the smithy's together then?"

...Garaeth...

"I'm going out of my mind I'm so full of nerves." ~Eben gave a weak grin.~ "Well my friend, I wish you good luck. I've got to get ready!" ~He waved a last good-bye and then lead his horse off at a jaunty nerve-racked clip.~
Old 01-28-2002, 06:53 PM   #60
Glorfindel

Glorfindel
Evitan Market, Ralila offering him to fly with her

Glorfindel was amazed at how Ralila was obviously controlling the wind. As he started to float of the ground he lunged and grabbed onto the also floating gensai's hand, she smiled at him and then they went flying up into the sky.
Closed Thread