Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 03:33 AM   #21
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Glorfindel
Talking to Ralila the gensai in Evitan Market

Looking puzzledly (is that a word?) at the gensai Glorfindel announced " I am brave enough for any adventure you might know of Ralila!" Then walking on through the market he waited for her answer.
Old 01-26-2002, 05:43 AM   #22
mistral4543

OOC>>> Awww... a week?! [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] C'mon, Spree, you can take more surprises than that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Mistral, Dragon's Clutch Tavern, Talever

"No, Brier. I'll do it." ~ She replies softly, reaching out to touch the elf's equally pale hand gently ~ I feel her uneasiness, poor child, and who can blame her? This place seems like a viper-infested nest... the guards spoke the truth. ~ Slowly, she rises from her seat, aware of the curious stares of the other patrons ~ "Wait here now, sister." ~ Darting a warning glance to silence Brier's cry of protest.

As she takes each step forward with that air of practised ease, she looks straight ahead ~ Strangers draw attention, no doubt... and foreign ladies, doubly so. ~ Curses herself silently for not having taken precautions to disguise themselves ~ Yet the deed is done, and there's no use whining over it ~ She reminds herself sternly, all the while assuming an emotionless countenance ~ Besides, it could work to our advantage, as our latest encounter has shown.

Now facing the barkeep, she dimples as she smiles ~ "Two mugs of ale, please." ~ His eyes narrow as he takes in her exotic appearance, but he nods wryly, preparing to fill the order ~ "So, dear customer, where be ye from? I don't think I've seen the likes of ye for as long as I can remember." ~

"In truth, good sir, I don't know." ~ Not exactly an untruth... I don't remember my birthplace, after all. ~ Her voice turns cooler and more abrupt ~ "Do you mind hurrying a little? I'm kind of running out of time here." ~ The tone indicating that further conversation will meet a similar evasive response. Ignoring his disgruntled expression, she focuses on the others. Out of the corner of her eyes, detecting the sustained intrigue she has roused ~ I wonder what has happened... or what will happen next.

At the sound of the clinking mugs, she blinks and eyes the barkeep with greater focus ~ "Thank you." ~ Then remembers her other task ~ "Do you have rooms for the night? I'll take one, if so." ~ Once again he nods, this time clearly uneasy about some matter ~ Odd people that hang around here... even the barkeep. ~ Shrugging, she reaches into her pocket, extracts the gold pieces and places them at the counter.

The next few moments allow Mistral and Brier no dissipation of discomfort, for clearly they are the centre of attraction, despite the feigned disinterest of the crowd. She whispers to her half-sister ~ "If you can't take that much ale, Brier, don't. But you must know that that is the only safe drink to get while adventuring." ~ Notes the look of hero-worship on the elf's face ~ "Now, now, you'll learn these things soon enough... well, if you're done, let's retire to our room."

Both of them proceed to the flight of steps so furiously guarded by the bouncers ~ "We've booked a room, my good sir. Do kindly let us pass." ~ Wincing imperceptibly as she feels his burning eyes raking up and down her body ~ "Aye... and would you be needing company, my lady? I would be more than happy to oblige..." ~ The drawled reply provokes coarse laughter from his friends, and she squeezes Brier's clammy hand.

"Aye, and that would be a tempting offer, but as you can see, I have no need of any for the moment." ~ Caution battling against repugnance and the urge to hurl a few prepared spells against the lout ~ "Ah, but I would like to be better acquainted with you, and one more..." ~ Now tossing an impudent smile at Brier ~ "... would be an honour." ~ The room is now silent, every other patron clamouring to hear the response from their provoking friend.

Feeling the battle tilting towards a violent outcome, she struggles to retain the tight smile ~ "As the saying goes... three's a crowd. We would be delighted to make your acquaintance at a later time... if you were a gentleman." ~ Her tone now pointedly sarcastic ~ "Now, being a gentleman, you would surely let us pass for we desire it."

Reluctantly, he steps aside, his face scowling as he hears the muffled hoots and jeers. Mistral sighs inwardly ~ I hope we've not made too much of a mortal enemy out of that one...

Before long, they are walking along the corridor, faced with doors on both sides of it.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 01-26-2002, 06:20 AM   #23
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Aoisan - Llitrium

After having finished their meal, Aoisan and Lowell continue on their journey. All goes well, and at nightfall they set up camp in a small clearing in the forest, a little way from the road.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:36 AM   #24
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...Murdock...

~She smiled, resting her stinging wrist on her thigh.~ "Ah Murdock, I am troubled at this venue." ~She shrugged.~ "My original inclination was to shower you with everything your heart desired..." ~She paused.~ "But I am not so sure now." ~She replaced her blood-red blade in the sheath on her shin.~ "No, your rewards should not be limitless. Therefore my fairy godchild, I'm going to grant you three wishes. I will pay one in advance to prove I intend to disburse you. One will be given when the poison is in my hand. The final when the mayor and his family are dead... I must make sure the poison is true, you know."

...Glorfindel...

~The gensai smiled at you. The wind came up again, strong enough to blow someones hat off. You figure she had something rather important to say.~ "Glorfindel is not afraid to fly?"

...Mistral...

~Brier shook her elven head as you walked down the hall to your empty and awaiting room.~ "That was rather impolite. They don't do things like that in the Eerie." ~She smiled over at you as you opened to door, relieved to find it was what you paid for.~ "Forgive me, but... Are all men in the cities so... pig-like?"

...Aoisan...

~Lowell exhaled as they reached the road.~ "There we are then Aoisan! The road to Llitrium! Fair time we made I'd say, though we should likely stop in town and rest for the night." ~He gestured that they keep moving.~ "Pace to fast for ya?" ~He chuckled.~ "I guess I have gotten in the habit of walking fleetly... Generally away from my harem, but."
Old 01-26-2002, 10:00 AM   #25
thalali
Dungeon Master

Khalidin
Thalali's room

There was a letter laying on Thalali's pillow. He remembered that seal. It was frm an old friend. Thalali opened it. It was a very short note. "Have your poisons ready by tomarrow. I have someone coming for your strongest one, be ready." Thalali started his fires to cook up the poison she desired. The litte ferrit he had was wandering around the fires sniffingthe different poisons. Thalali told him to stay away from them, but he just wanted to see them. Thalali and felix could almost read each others mind. Thalali tol the ferret to go and get him some ale down stairs. Felix had become a common face in the bar. He would jump on the barkeep's shoulder and shake its paws around. That was the signal for the barkeep to deliver a pint on Thalali's front step.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: thalali ]

Old 01-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #26
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Murdock

"Ok..Sounds extremely fair. Let me ask you, once you have the poison in hand, am I finished? Do I have another part to play in this game? And how will you get out of the city once the bastard is done in? One would think that the gates would be completely closed off, so that the supposed escapee would not make it out. I am not saying you couldn't do it, merely curious as to how you will..."

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 01-26-2002, 11:11 AM   #27
mistral4543

Mistral, Room in Dragon's Clutch Tavern, Talever

"Now, truly, that would be an insult to pigs." ~ Her eyes dancing with amusement, then growing darker ~ "Seriously, Brier, that was only a foretaste of what is to come... I've met with worse characters." ~ Wearily, she shuts the door and locks it immediately before walking over to her assigned tidy bed.

"Come, let us try to get some rest... you must be exhausted." ~ With that, she climbs out of her adventuring wear and sneaks into the bed gratefully.

Before long, the half-sisters have drifted off to dreamland. Each with her share of hopes and worries...

Once again, they are in the cave. This time, just the both of them. Around are massive chests filled with glittering treasure ~ "Would you like some, my child?" ~ That kindly voice she is so accustomed to... but the sight of the jewels repels her.

"No!" ~ Turning her back on him furiously, she grits her teeth, her body rigid from tension ~ "Don't imagine you can bribe me with that, Father." ~ Her caustic voice shaking uncontrollably ~ "For this, you left my mother... you killed her." ~ Unaware that her eyes are now filled with golden sparks ~ "Murderer..."

"You still blame me." ~ He replies softly, not a hint of reproach ~ "With good reason..." ~ He inhales deeply, his right hand reaching out to pat her shoulder... only to fall through the air, so swift is her sidestep ~ "What is done, is done, my child."

"Yes... what is done is done, and you... you will never be able to undo the wrong you did!" ~ Half-alarmed by the hysteria engulfing her throbbing heart ~ "You have the cheek to face me. You, who took another wife!" ~ The raw pain in her voice ringing discordantly ~ You're not fit to be my father!"

He closes his eyes, releasing another heavy sigh ~ "You speak the truth; I cannot deny it... but, my child, how your words wound me..." ~ The pallor of his face worsening ~ "You've never forgiven me, have you? How naive I was, thinking you had truly done so at my deathbed."

"Where were you at Mother's deathbed?!" ~ Returning to the attack, blocking out that unreasonable wave of regret ~ "Count yourself lucky that I was at yours!" ~ Whipping around, her eyes still ablaze ~ "And now you expect me to take care of Brier, don't you?" ~ Surrendering to that urge to inflict further pain ~ "How many more children have you? Do you imagine that by telling some far-fetched tales of my bravery, you could bribe me... yet again... into doing so?" ~ Hot tears roll down her own pale cheeks ~ "You owe all your wives and children too much!"

"Enough!" ~ His frenzied cry begins to rise ~ "Like it or not, you are my child! A child of a golden dragon!" ~ His thundering voice now chanting, he reverts to his natural state, his powerful wings sparkling in that blinding gold ~ "I am doing all I can, already. If you can't accept that, you're in the wrong!"

Relenting... a despicable deed, an affront to her beloved mother. Yet the Ancient One's words have a ring of truth. She glares at the magical beast, her lips quivering and her breathing erratic ~ "And I am doing all I can. Why do you haunt me so, even in death?!"

"Your resentment distorts my every intention." ~ The dragon shakes its head, lowering it so as to face his daughter ~ "I foresee great troubles ahead, and the least I could do was to make sure that you need never worry about wealth." ~ Noting her reaction, he continues ~ "I will replenish your gold every few days or so..."

"No need for that!" ~ Pride etched over every inch of her face ~ "I can handle myself. If you think Brier needs help, you can go ahead to aid her." ~ Her jaws firmly set.

He sighs again, but eyes now filled with respect ~ "It is as you wish, Mistral..."...

In reality, her eyelids twitch agitatedly, her breathing shallow and irregular. Yet she does not awaken, so great is her exhaustion. The room continues to be gently lit by the solitary lamp placed on the bedside table between the two girls.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 01-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #28
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...Thalali...
(ooc: That ferret is carazy.)

~The dark ferret scurried back into the room, holding a note between his teeth. He presented it to you. The note was apparently from the bartender. It said:

I'm cutting your rat off, he's been spending too much time at the bar. If you want an ale, come get it yourself.~

...Murdock...

~She smiled.~ "Aye, you would think it harder to get out. With a mass murder like that they'd have the special regiment at every gate. The difference is that I have friends amongst those guards. Salem'd send me through without a second glance. I'd just need to get to the North gate before the Croshent's come marching in from Grella." ~She gave you a strong look.~ "And if you want out of this city within the next year you'll come with me." ~She shrugged.~ "Your decision of course, but now I'd ask what you'll want as reward. I have promised to pay one in advance and since you'll be leaving tommorow this seems like the opportune time."
Old 01-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #29
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

...Mistral...
(ooc: OK Mistral, maybe not a weeks notice, but certainly warn me long enough so I can fashion my coat of mithril?)

~Brier too was suffering from dreams...~

One of her childhood friends from the Wood of Eerie Howls flashed into her mind. A bard named Asher. He was singing a familiar song and thrumming a small harp...

Little lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' the waves go by,
Little lady Goldwing,
Sand between her toes,
Thinking of her life so wry.

~She smiled at her friend's song.~ "Ash!" ~The handsome bard turned and to her.~ "Hush then Brier! Let me finish the song!"

My little lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' the ships roll by,
My little lady Goldwing,
Seashell in her hand,
Watching for someone to sigh.

~She stepped over at sat next to him as he paused.~ "Go on! You haven't forgot the words, have you?"

Ah my little lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' the gulls fly by,
Ah my little lady Goldwing,
Lapped by the tide,
Hoping for a longing cry.

~Asher winced a moment.~ "Ahhhh... I always forget this next part... Oh yes! I remember now!"

Saw my lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' the clouds go by,
Saw my lady Goldwing,
Wind toss in her hair,
Wishing for truth or lie.

~He winked at her.~ "Blah blah blah blah blah blah, sittin' by the sea." ~Brier elbowed him in the ribs.~

Oh my lovely lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' as I walked by,
Oh my lovely lady Goldwing,
Smiled on the shore,
Guessing I was just too shy.

~She clapped enthusiastically.~ "Come on Ash! You sing slower than a bug crawls!" ~Asher glared at her.~ "You know, that bug on your arm is crawling pretty fast." ~She shrieked and he grinned, continueing.~

So my lady Goldwing,
Sittin' by the sea,
Watchin' with a sad blue eye,
So my lady Goldwing,
Tears into the sea,
Waiting for her day to die.

~Brier looked at him quizically.~ "Why do all bard songs have to end so sad Ash?" ~Asher shrugged.~ "Not all of them do. Trail to the Peaks is rather jovial if you ask me." ~Brier nodded acceptingly.~ "What was this one about anyway?" ~Asher shook his head.~ "Something about a little fey'ri. Dragon blood I think. The ocean represents forever serene and sorrowful. I'm not too sure about the rest." ~Then it happened again. The arrow went straight through Asher's throat and she waited for the quaggoth to come from behind and capture her. But they didn't. Instead a voice filled her head. She turned around to see the golden dragon.~ "I can bring him back you know. I could bring them all back. ~She took her bow and an arrow from her quiver, shooting it at the dragon. It bounced off his armor of scales.~ "My child... Don't make this hard. ~She pointed a fist at him.~ "You monster, you might as well have killed them all with your own tainted claws!" ~He shook his head sorrowfully.~ "Perhaps I should have protected them. But what is done is done." ~She pulled the bloody arrow from Asher's throat and set it to the string.~ "You're NOT going to haunt me now, and I'll take what I can from spirit if I can no longer from life!" ~She shot the arrow and it snapped in two. The dragon shook his head.~ "I will come back when you regain your senses."

In reality Brier is in a cold sweat, all of her muscles tense.
Old 01-26-2002, 12:07 PM   #30
Sir Exxon
Zartan

ARLETH - THE TOWN OF HERAFALINE

"Where are we?"
-In the town of Herafaline.
"What are we doing here?" *Savannah didnt seem to remember much*
-We are here to find a friend of mine to protect Mosreed while I am gone.
*Savannah sat quiet for a long time now, obviously thinking. After a while she said:*
"Ahh, I remember! But, how did we came up from the river?" *Again Arleth ha to explain. After he was finish, Savannah had a worried look*
"We must go now, and save my village!"
-Yes yes, we will, but we cant go now! You must rest, and...
"No, I have rested enough!" *Savannah sounded angry*
-...and we must get us weapons. *Not before now remembered Savannah that their equipment had been taken by the Bulwark*
"Oh, that's true"

*Arleth and Savannah went of, against the house of Arleths friend Thyron. Thyron was an older, and more experienced ranger. He was known of his deeds near Baldur's Gate, (ooc--> had to include BG somewhere [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and had been on travels since he was 16 years old. He agreed to protect Mosreed.*
-Well, thanks again Thyron. We must go now and get us some weapons.
"Weapons? Ahh yes, the Bulwark took yours. Well, come with me." *Thyron lead them down to the basement of his house. It was full of old, rusty swords and things like that.*
-Thanks Thyron, but I dont think these will do.
"This, no. But this, on the other hand..." *Thyron had a smile on his face, when he opened the door to a little chamber. It was full of swords, shields, spears etc, all very rare, and sought after by many*
-Wow, the Feldarine! *Arleth was excited. The Feldarine was the most powerful scimitar ever forged. Savannah was also excited. She had found the Tryster, a powerful, and well-made longbow, along with a whole stack of powerful arrows. Arleth and Savannah went around in the chamber, looking at all the items. After a while they had chosen their equipment, Savannah had chosen the Tryster with arrows, along with a magical robe, and Arleth the two, famous scimitars Feldarine and Adaruq, along with a leather armour made rom the scales of a balor. They couldnt thank Thyron enough, but they finally managed to get out from his basement.
When they got out, the night had fell on, so they went to a tavern, rented a room, got some sleep, and early in the morning they sneak out, and headed of back against Mosreed, now with Thyrons company...

see ya!

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Closed Thread