Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2001, 05:32 AM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

omg omg omg omg!!!

my copy of wiz8 shipped on friday!! i will get it on monday, prolly. i canNOT wait!! i think i will be doing my little happy dance all weekend. heh. and irritate the heck outta my bf!

::happy girl, happy happy girl::

V***V

ps: plz don't be mad at me for posting this, but i am SO excited! this last 2 weeks has seemed like 2 years.
Old 11-24-2001, 06:47 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Vesselle,

I fully understand. I'd pre-ordered a copy from Amazon but cancelled when they could not give me a shipping date. I then drove 25 miles to the nearest EB to get one. They didn't have any copies on the shelves - just empty display boxes. I asked the clerk about Wiz8 and he said they were sold out! (Insert feelings of emptiness and despair here.)

Another clerk working nearby overheard the conversation, ripped open a large, sealed box he'd just received from UPS, and pulled out a copy. (Insert feelings of joy and excitement here.)

And it was most definitely worth it.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 08:23 AM   #3
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Congratulations. I know how it is, anxiously awaiting the arrival of a computer game. You will definitely have a lot of fun with this game.
Old 11-25-2001, 03:41 AM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Ah, but do you (like my good self) have to put up with all the Americans gloating because they got their latest toy for a few months before you can feel almost as smug for getting the later version with less bugs in? BTW, does anyone know when we can expect to see the overseas version arive or shall I have to load up the longship with a raiding party and come and get one?
Old 11-25-2001, 03:44 AM   #5
Moni

Veselle,
Congrats!

Balgin,

I hope you do get to play it soon.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:42 PM   #6
Brandanus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
I', pretty sure, I've seen the game on amazon.com.
Either I'm too dumb to find it again, or it has been canceled??
(I'm a German resident, so I'm not going to pay $26
for UPS shipping when ordering from EB.)

any clue?
Brandanus.
Brandanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:29 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

well, here's my experience. i ordered from compuexpert.com and was told it would go out same day as ebgames. well, lo and behold, they still (2 weeks later) aren't shipping. they say it's not because of the ebgames 30 day exclusive, but that they are having warehouse problems.

they never have warehouse problems. i finally broke down and ordered it from ebgames. got it this morning! YAY!

when i go onto amazon.com, i see it as "backordered" or "out of stock". i haven't called them as i have talked myself hoarse with compuexpert on this. but if you want confirmation, i will call them for you.

i really beleive that the 30 day exclusivity contract is still in effect, but no one at these other stores will talk about it. mostly because they want to be the ones who sell it to you. anyway.

i'm sure i have been no help. but it still has me a tad confoozled too. lol!

V***V
Old 12-06-2001, 07:28 PM   #8
Campino

Now i know how you felt Vesselle.Received the magic word today my copy has shipped.Takes about 5-9 days before it arrives here.Can't wait!!Woooohoooooo
Old 12-07-2001, 12:41 AM   #9
Drakton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heh... some more addicts will we have here [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know your feelings. I ordered the game from Chips and Bits and they very professionally and ethically said that both Wiz 8 and Gothic were to be sold exclusively through EB, and that I should try to get them from them. I had a long story of cancelled orders at EB because being mine a foreign Credit Card, they needed some sort of confirmation from my bank, which they never got. This time however I was very pleasantly surprised to see the status of my orders as "In process" and later "Shipped", and I got my games already.
OK, I gotta go to play with my newly formed party(again).
Š.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:06 AM   #10
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:

i really beleive that the 30 day exclusivity contract is still in effect, but no one at these other stores will talk about it. mostly because they want to be the ones who sell it to you. anyway.

Yep. The 30 day exclusivity contact is still in effect. Until December 14th actually.

7 days to go.