Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 05:05 PM   #1
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cleared the whole mountain (have the gem in tow), but dont want to leave if I missed something. All those villagers were still standing around. Are they going to follow me out like the Pied Piper?
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

i guess they're dumb. i used to think i'd seen them leave before. maybe it was before in installed a patch or something? but it appears that they just stand around. don't worry though, for all practical purposes, they have returned.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

odd, ain't it?
the blacksmith's little boy actually leaves....but everyone else hangs out...slowly starving to death, i guess. it was like that in iwd standalone, iwd/how, prepatch and postpatch for me. guess that's just how it is. you'd think that priestess would at least try to help you get everyone out, but i guess she's really just there to protect you when you sleep.

V***V
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 08:00 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Actually, they do leave! But only if you have FOUND them all! If there is a little pocket of them in the dark somewhere, then they don't. And you miss out on the points!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 11:15 PM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Actually I had seen in one of the threads here that if you rest before finishing the level then they don't leave. The priest (Eugenia) never goes home either.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:50 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

You get experience for "freeing the slaves", even though they stay where they are. Funny bug I was experiencing though. In 2 out of 3 games recently, the villagers just disappeared! Like all of them just went up in the proverbial smoke and vanished!
And before I fought the Lizard King too, so I missed out on experience.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote