Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
mdenny88
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am not sure what to think about the consoles going online.Like the ps2 that is getting the modem soon. I have ps2 and i am not sure that i want this. I have heard that it will be very expensive and you will have to pay just to play some games(bummer)But i think that i will like the added dimension of consoles going online and the added playablilty( plus many other new games, Hopefully ot just multiplayer but single player) well i just want to know how every1 else feels about the consoles being online. thnx for all replies!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I don't like it yet. I'm still in the air as to weather it's good or not and yesterday I saw one of the gaming magizines at the store and it seams there are alot of new games coming out just for on line consol play,I think its just another way for the game makers to make more money and then when you buy a game you can pay them to play it over and over again. No I don't like it yet. but time will tell it justs depends on how fast they can convince the youth of america and the rest of the gaming world to part with their money.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

PCs 4 ever I think that a lot of the fun of multiplayer will be gone without chat. It'll just seem like you're playing a tougher version of singleplayer. It's a good idea, but the structure that makes comp multiplayer so good is exactly what consoles are lacking. On the other hand, I'm the only one I know who can match the feeling of 4-people-around-Nintendo on the computer (4 Gamepads...just bought 2 more )
Old 10-02-2002, 07:17 AM   #4
GokuZool
Lord Ao

IMO, I think the whole thing is too complicated and too expensive.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:49 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

My friend installs the Roadrunner high speed internet service for Time-Warner, and it costs the same to hook your console up as it does your computer. $45 A MONTH! That's a bit much for just gaming.

Now if you get a router and share the signal with your CPU that's not a bad deal, but he has installed RR in several homes that don't even have computers!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

EHEM!

Online Console Player here!

I played PSO and other games on the dreamcast for many many months... the result was this: The games proved to be TOO adictive! I put them ahead of my normal life (PSO was that kind of game) But it also made me go onto online forums and become very negative due to hackers... eventually i used that negetivity to do art but it wasted alot of my life on it... im wasting more of it now reflecting back on it... I must say this: The services to everything outside of japan was lousy... people would get on every day for months at a time... if there was ever ANY mix up you were banned without questioning... If you tried to get unbanned you'd be permanently banned from even going to Sega's website... If you Tried to stop a hacker They would end up having their way and YOU wold most likeley get banned, AND HERES the worst part: You had to buy a memoy card for EACH character you made, a seperate one, so obsessed plaers who wanted to try evetything out (Despite the class limitations and only 4 actual stages being available) They bough 200 bucks worth of VMUS, and then you have to get extra modems for when your current modem dies, and extra consoles incase the console youre using goes out and then you have to contact sega and have your account switched over AND THEN you have to contact sega and PAY THEM for it. and then you hav eto pay more for the service and You get instantly banned if there is a ONE DIGIT error in the process BUT You still have to pay!

I've known stories of people spending over 1000 dollars just to play PSO, they had to get Dreamcasts, controllers, Keyboards, (multiple incase the ports blew or the writer got screwed up or lighgtening stuck a phone line or ANYTHING remotley close) AND THEN theres the whole thing with the VMUS they had to buy and the accounts to pay, mulitple ones, one for each character and dreamcast... IT's SAD! it's just plain SAD! and the guy who bought an illegal copy of the game and is playing it for FREE as well as is leeching off of someone else's account, is using an illegal cheat device (better than a gameshark) to modify their character, items, and OTHER online players to DESTROY the characters which they have to spend up to 9000 hours leveling up... IT'S SAD! THOSE hackers Didnt pay a dime and yet they were given TOTAL domination of the world because SEGA didnt know how to deal with them! NO console corporation will! and that's why I think all console games should be BANNED... ITs a waste of people's money, time, effort, and all for some crappy game that a company didnt even take a MONTH to create ! Much less give a rats #$@ about! I Think Sega should be SUED for the damages they caused us! I've had it! I can't take talking about htis any longer... i've got to go kill something now...