Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

The Earth is actually a reality TV show being staged for the benefits of space aliens:

Tonight: All in the 'South Park'

The result of a collaboration between All in the Family creator Norman Lear and South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone is due to be screened tonight as South Park opens its seventh season with a screed attacking reality TV. According to TV Guide, the South Park kids (Kenny has once again returned from the dead) discover Earth is nothing more than a reality TV show produced for, and by, aliens. In an interview with the publication, Parker indicated that he's not opposed to reality TV as a program genre: "People want to group all reality TV shows together," he said, "but just like anything else, there's those that are produced well, and those that aren't. Joe Millionaire had all those viewers, but those producers should not be working. It was horrible."
Old 03-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Interesting theory.......doubt it though.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
The Earth is actually a reality TV show being staged for the benefits of space aliens:
In an interview with the publication, Parker indicated that he's not opposed to reality TV as a program genre: "People want to group all reality TV shows together," he said, "but just like anything else, there's those that are produced well, and those that aren't. Joe Millionaire had all those viewers, but those producers should not be working. It was horrible."
I would like to add that the same is true for cartoons. When you only make 12 episodes a year and only 3 of them are even mildly entertaining maybe that blazing critical mind should be used for something other than dissing other peoples shows. Yes, Trey, this is directed towards you. I didn't watch Joe Millionaire; I'm just a disappointed ex-fan of SouthPark.