Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 01:51 PM   #11
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
d Which do you prefer Memnoch - peach or melon flavour.

This may be more information than really needs to be divulged, but I can exclusively reveal that the un-cidered one's choice was an orange Bacardi Breezer.

And yes, Donut, Memnoch etc. he was unfortunately put in a position where it was a choice between Fosters and Diamond White cider. IMHO, he made the best of a bad selection

For those who are unfamiliar with Diamond White cider, it is another of those drinks like "Aftershock" upon which I have bestowed the generic title of "The Devil's Urine". Its a hideously overstrength 8.5% proof corrosive liquid beloved of 15 year olds and may quite possibly be responsible for more STD than any other beverage. They claim it's an apple product, but as far as I can see the only connection is someone in the factory might have been eating an apple when it was formulated AVOID AT ALL COSTS

P.S. Moni - I got the threads - priceless

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 01:58 PM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I whole-heartedly agree, Mouse about things like Aftershock. A friend of mine convinced me to drink a shot of it once and it was like drinking cinnamon battery acid! (Um...Not that I've drunk battery acid - at least I don't think).

P.S. I finally got past that pesky hangup over the Horn of Plenty on DarkStone. My game must have had a glitch, because the last time I played, I went to the Mayor and tried to give it to him and there it was: "Use". Oh, well. Onward and Upward. I'm about halfway along, now.

*DM wanders off mumbling to self about comparing drinks to battery acid...*

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-10-2001, 02:18 PM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Breezers on the other hand are not too bad.
Count me in on the Breezers. I prefer the Blue ones. Yummy....

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-10-2001, 11:52 PM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
d Which do you prefer Memnoch - peach or melon flavour.

Lime(y) actually.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 05:15 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Lime(y) actually.

Ho, Ho. I certainly am. At least you won't get scurvy.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:04 AM   #16
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I whole-heartedly agree, Mouse about things like Aftershock. A friend of mine convinced me to drink a shot of it once and it was like drinking cinnamon battery acid! (Um...Not that I've drunk battery acid - at least I don't think).

P.S. I finally got past that pesky hangup over the Horn of Plenty on DarkStone. My game must have had a glitch, because the last time I played, I went to the Mayor and tried to give it to him and there it was: "Use". Oh, well. Onward and Upward. I'm about halfway along, now.

*DM wanders off mumbling to self about comparing drinks to battery acid...*

Actually After Shock reminds me of Mouth wash, same colour and smells similar, and has a strangely similar taste...maybe I've stumbled on a conspiracy by alcoholic dentists?

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-20-2001, 02:53 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

YES I'M BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, It was great to catch up with Mouse in Aberdeen. Funnily enough, he did exactly the same things as Donut - ie, in two minutes flat he had bought the first round, and was forcing a pint of FOSTERS down my throat. Now I am wondering if there isn't some secret movement over in the UK that likes to get revenge for the export of Aussie Fosters. I mean, we honeslty don't drink the stuff over here - I am thinking the UK locals like to put us Aussies into situations were we have to see what it tastes like.

OK, now the Orange Bacardi Breezer was required to take the taste away (what pub has no CIDER I ask you??? ), but I am in agreement with Memnoch that Lime is the better flavour (hey, you take what you can get at the time ).

Now, I didn't forget my password, I did have it right all the time. Only trouble was that when I accessed the forum at an internet cafe, and typed in my correct user name and password, it still wouldn't accept any response as having a valid password??? - profile issue?? still in the land of the puzzled here.

How did the golf go - Mouse, you will be pleased to know I had 36 points at Cruden Bay and dinna lose a ball . In fact I started to play much better from the time we met, and so I still have most of the balls you gave me (sorry shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag there, I have done nothing good for the Scottish cultural heritage there - should have said "sold me", or "rented me" ).

It has been great to meet another person from our web community, but of course the sobering events in America dominate many of our thoughts right now. As a final note, I add my respects and condolances to the many that would have been expressed over the past week and a half. I spent the day in Gatwick Airport, watching the CNN boadcasts, and helping calm our tour organiser who lives in Princeton NJ. His wife, who had been with us at St Andrews, had flown back into JFK the previous night. She often attends meetings in lower Manhattan, and he had a stressful 36 hours waiting for word to get out that she was OK.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 02:32 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gladhomeagain, Davros. You have been missed. It's been torture for me here, having to fly the flag in the face of all these concerted attacks from Englishmen who all seem intent on proving that their cricket and rugby teams can actually play.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 04:04 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi there Memmie - caught up with the Aussies in a very wet Leeds test (the one they lost with the generous target by trying too hard for the clean sweep). The English media went into temporary raptures about the scoreline (then 3-1) better reflecting the true difference between the teams LOL. There was not much of that guff being bandied about after the last test though. Mouse congrulated us by the way, for giving Donut's mob a right good pounding in the cricket .

One thing though, I notice you gave my London pal a hard time about Arsenal's performance a week or two ago - the Gunners rule dude, I agree with our circular pastry mate on that one

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 10:43 AM   #20
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

36 at Cruden Bay huh - seems like the lack of cider just gave your game a crucial edge.
Glad to see you made it back safely. And remember, if you don't look after your mouse balls, then your world is likely to go to ratsh*t

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-21-2001).]