Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2003, 02:57 AM   #1
Tom-Slayer
Manshoon

I NEED HELP IS THERE A WALKTHROUGH SUMWHERE? party is:

Me - assassin
korgan-axe swingin fighter
viccy-healer tank
jan-turnip i mean archer spellcaster
edwin-nether
imoen-sissy ( either way u see it lol )
Old 04-27-2003, 03:59 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Giggle, giggle, tee hee hee...but you're not helping your cause any by withholding information. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Levels, gear, etc?

There IS a walkthrough someplace. Try looking here.

For vampires: if someone can use the Mace of Disruption, use it. If Viconia can cast False Dawn, use it. If Edwin/Imoen can cast Limited Wish, get your party protected from vampires. If Viconia can cast Negative Plane Protection, use it. And keep some restoration spells on hand.

For golems: Iron/Stone/Adamantine golems can only be hit by +3 weapons or better. Remember, Melf's Minute Meteors count as a +5 weapon. Zone of Sweet Air will help against the golem gas.

For traps: Have Jan or Imoen wander around and find them, I guess. If you've found that trap (and you'll know what I mean if you've found it), there's no way through it, but there IS a way around it.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Actually, you could pass through it if you really wanted (but why?).
Send a summon to trigger it.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
The problem is that it triggers several times, even if you follow right behind the summon.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Actually it only triggers twice.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 03:59 PM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

An character on steriods...euuhh... Improved haste can go through it without triggering it... and it only triggers once or twice IIRC.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:03 PM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Never did understand it when people post that ...
Is this roleplaying that the summon triggers it ?
My summons are incapable of triggering any trap of any type, including *that* trap ..
Old 04-27-2003, 04:17 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Summons worked for me Daan, I guess that trap kills anything that passes through it.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:45 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

While I appreciate the word of mouth, Pirengle, anybody who tried to use Chapter 13 of my Guide as a *walkthrough* would quickly find themselves just as lost as they were before--people who use walkthroughs do so because they need help with the basic elements of the game, and my site does not give it. Volothamp's Comeuppance tells you everything about how the rules work in BG2, but it will not tell you what to expect or how to win specific fights.

The only reason Chapter 13 looks like a walkthough is because it's designed to warn gamers of possible bugs and other really nasty things--like a Trap that looks perfectly innocent until it squashes you into oblivion.

Tom-Slayer, you are having trouble because:
- You may have gone to Spellhold before you were ready.
- You might not be properly equipped (this is a REEEEALLLY bad place to discover you don't mave many +3 weapons).
- It could be your first game, in which case you're blundering around like a blind wombat.
- This last is definitely true: Your party sucks. I'd be the last man to demean Korgan's abilities as a Tank, but building a party with only ONE character tough enough to take the heat of combat is a mistake. You have 3 Wizards--two is plenty. You have *THREE* Thieves--one is enough. And just because Viconia can wear armor, don't think she can be a Tank--she can't. You are in for a rough ride, my friend.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:52 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Harsh, SixOfSpades, [img]tongue.gif[/img] and I do disagree on one point. Unless you are playing above Core Difficulty, one tank will more than suffice in the game. Although it is true that it will be an easier ride if you have at least a backup tank.

If we want to be wry, we can mention that later on, Korgan only needs to distract the enemy for one round while Edwin/Imoen/Jan cast their Time Stops and rain fire and brimstone upon the enemy.

Anyway... the main point of my post, some minor corrections.

Stone Golems only require a +2 enchanted or better weapon.

Melf's Minute Meteors is a +6 enchanted weapon.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote