Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Well i would love to say that our fair land of Australia will never be targeted as a bomb threat, but there has been many comercials and news updates about how terrorists are possibly planning an attack on Australia. Please let me know wether you think im talking bonlony or you agree with me, but i had a thought that it may be on Wednesday 20/5/05 (Australian calander. Now most bombings have been planned because of a date, like september eleven or the bombings of bali, exactly 13 months and 1 day afterwoods. I do think Sydney will be targeted because it is the most populated city and has two of the major attractions, Sydney Opera House and the Sydney harbour Bridge. How i have thought about this is because that if you take away the month from the date it comes out as 2005, and there is a flight leaving at midnight at Perth (W.A.S.T) which will land in sydney roughly about 5 am in the morning (A.E.S.T). If you do agree with me, pease post as this may be a serious cause.

[ 07-19-2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: burnzey boi ]

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 AM   #2
Pangur Ban

Not sure on your theory of dates for terrorist activity - what is special about 13 months and 1 day?

It is possible that Melbourne could be a target for terrorism during the Commonweath Games.

My partner works in the heart of the central business district, and I'm seriously considering us both taking holidays while the Games are on, and going for a driving tour around the country. Not that I am really worried about terrorist attacks, but we have zero interest in the Games, and it might be a nice chance to escape the mayhem.

[ 07-18-2005, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]
Old 07-18-2005, 04:31 AM   #3
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

13 months and 1 day meaning..

11/9/02
12/10/03. I can't remember the dates exactly but im just a bit worried..

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 07-18-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
Pangur Ban

You could use whatever gap between events you like, to generate all kinds of patterns and potential future dates ...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I think playing it by numbers is a waste of time in 2nd guessing your 2nd guesses.

Are we a target - yes. Should we change our way of life - no - that is what the terrorists want. I'm off to London in 3 hours time. I will be riding tubes and busses and getting around as I need to - not changing my intentions because some loonies somewhere decided to kill others while ending their own souless existences.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

hmm..pehaps your right. But it is a horrible feeling to lose a loved one, it hurts many people. But yes i would call them loonies as well. Isn't it funny (not realy) that the ones who plan allways live but the dumb ones allways get blown up?

OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 07-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
hmm..pehaps your right. But it is a horrible feeling to lose a loved one, it hurts many people. But yes i would call them loonies as well. Isn't it funny (not realy) that the ones who plan allways live but the dumb ones allways get blown up?
Not sure I get your point here, do you think people that are killed by bombs are dumb? and didn't plan, all the people that were inocently killed on July the &th 'Planned' to go to work !!
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #8
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I think he may have been talking about the terrorists?
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm pretty sure he was. I've been discussing that point elsewhere, and it's a valid point. Go forth and commit suicide in the name of Allah, you will be a martyr for our cause. There's some stuff about the rewards in Heaven for martyr's that make it appealing to the gullible, who then strap on bombs, and go blow up innocent people.
Some points that came to light, for me any way, and one is that a martyr doesn't take his own life, it is taken by another. That's pretty much common sense, I think, the other is that in the Muslim faith, as in others, suicide condemns you to Hell. A point I'm sure the leaders of the terrorist movements forget to point out to the gullible.
There is no point in worrying about where they will strike next. Worrying can't stop it. I saw this on a poster somewhere in my youth, and it has stuck with me since: Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #10
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

What about " Run from your country, or die trying"... i made that up but it's based of something, if only i could remember.

OM NOM NOM NOM