Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ok over the past 2 days my computer has crashed twice, and each time, it would not restart windows in any mode, and would say unmountable boot drive, and the only way I could fix it was to do a factory restore on it, causing me to lose everything, pics and all so does anyone know what it means when it says unmountable boot drive? and why does it keep doing it?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Man, Stormymystic, that sure sounds like a harddrive crash, but with so many things that can go wrong with a PC, don't hold me to it. If you have access to another computer I suggest you get online and go to www.resellerratings.com Then register for their community forums. I have gotten tremendous, right-on help here. Trust me, these guys know what they are talking about. Once you are registered go to their Technicle Help forum and explain as best you can what the issues are and the warning you have received. Believe me, people will answer you pretty quickly. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

you need to contact microsoft and find out what it means or the nearest computer store and ask them. But it sounds like your hard drive is dying.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:52 PM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Exclamation

*covers ears* no not what I wanted to hear...hard drive not dying
Old 06-23-2003, 11:10 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
Man, Stormymystic, that sure sounds like a harddrive crash, but with so many things that can go wrong with a PC, don't hold me to it. If you have access to another computer I suggest you get online and go to www.resellerratings.com Then register for their community forums. I have gotten tremendous, right-on help here. Trust me, these guys know what they are talking about. Once you are registered go to their Technicle Help forum and explain as best you can what the issues are and the warning you have received. Believe me, people will answer you pretty quickly. Let me know how it turns out.
thanks for the link, I found out I am not the only person with the problem, and it is windowns, not my hard drive woohoo so now all I have to do is get the updates to completely install and I should not have a problem
Old 06-23-2003, 11:14 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Here You are! Go to the following site and download

1-"BIG FIX" it:Intelligently detects and correct problems on your PC.

2-"BUGTOASTER" this will Find, report and add to database reasons for crashes and bugs.
These are virus FREE and are free to down load and easy to use.

GO to this site:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=7
Old 06-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Ah, another great site there, CB! Good information for all. And Stormymystic I am sooooo glad it is NOT a harddrive crash because it happened to my mom and she lost everything. This is why people say to backup all your important stuff. Having two harddrives helps tremendously.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:16 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It's the hackers that are watching you...and they like playing pranks.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #9
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

im watching you right now larry dont turn around ... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

First of all what OS are you running? I had a similar problem with one of my drives some time ago. I am using windows 2000. So if you boot with the start disks you'll get the opportunity to repair your windows install. Try creating a new MBR, master boot record, and a new boot sector. And of course run a full checkdisk.