Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2003, 11:30 PM   #21
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Microsoft can buy any games it wants so I'd go with them being the huge monopolizing Congromerate that Sony can only wish it was...

+ Halo

halo good...

Halo 2 better...
Old 02-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #22
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
PS3 is coming out soon............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *rips out his hair in rage* I just received PS2 now I am going wannna buy PS3!!!!!!
The PS3 is scheduled to be released in 2005! It will probably be released late 2005 so you don't have to worry.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:49 AM   #23
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

PS2 has been the best for games so far, but I think XBOX is starting to catch up they are coming out with this sweet stars wars game Knight of the Old Republic, that looks positively wicked. Hunter is Xbox only and retty cool, I'm sure there are a number that I missed, but anyway as of right now I still prefer PS2.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:59 AM   #24
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by arion windrider:
both systems are good,but its the games that make the system
I have a PS2, but I've never played Xbox or gamecube.

In one of my computer magazines, it has the "computer of the month" as one that a guy had attatched a lot of systems to, inside it. The computer could be used as a PC, NES, SNES, Sega genesis, PS2, Xbox, and gamecube.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:04 AM   #25
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
PS3 is coming out soon............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *rips out his hair in rage* I just received PS2 now I am going wannna buy PS3!!!!!!
The PS3 is scheduled to be released in 2005! It will probably be released late 2005 so you don't have to worry.[/QUOTE]In my Playstation magazine, sometime in 2002, that they were trying to rush the PS3 so nintendo would rush the Gamecube2! If that happens, there will be two systems that aren't as good as they could have been, and then if an Xbox2 is invented, it may be better than both of them.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:12 PM   #26
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I think the Xbox is better. My brother has a Playstation 2 and I have an Xbox so I'm in a position to judge both. Granted the playstation 2 has a bigger selection of games but the Xbox has better specs and remember there is alot of potentially good games coming out in 2003 for the Xbox. If you like FPS's like me you should buy a Xbox because there's alot of good ones for it like Halo, Serious Sam etc. Can't wait for Perfect Dark Zero .
Old 03-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Light Bulb

Sorry to bump this thread up from the depths, but it's for a specific reason: I'm planning to get EITHER an X-BOX or a PS2 tomorrow because one of the electronics outlet stores here in Sydney is having a massive sale - the PS2 is going for A$280 (US$150) and the X-BOX is going for A$260 (US$135). I've heard good things about both, and the general arguments can be summarized as follows:

X-BOX: Better graphics, better machine, fewer games
PS2: Graphics not as good, more games

Is this still the case now? With a whole bunch of new games coming out, do I really need to have access to some of these older PS2 games? And what about PS2 Online vs. X-BOX live?

Opinions please.

Old 03-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #28
Rokenn
Galvatron

Well for Halo alone its worth getting an XBox. And having seen the previews for Halo 2 it's going to be even better. Also Deus Ex 2 will be on the XBox, from the reviews I've read it is going to be amazing. Think an open ended RPG (like Fallout) with all the best stuff from the first Deus Ex. I've had my XBox for over a year now and love it. I just wish they had GTA III or GTA Vice City for the XBox. Played those at a friends house and had a blast [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh and I have the PS2 controller [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #29
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Is this still the case now? With a whole bunch of new games coming out, do I really need to have access to some of these older PS2 games? And what about PS2 Online vs. X-BOX live?

Opinions please. [/QB]
The big benefit of XBox live over PS2 Online is that all the games are accessable with one monthly cost. With PS2 Online you have to subscribe per game. Also with Xbox Live EVERY game has voice chat supported, with the PS2 it is again a per game thing.

For XBox live it is $50 for the headset and a one year subscription to the service.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:27 PM   #30
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

PSO, sucks on consoles, too many cheaters...

MMORPS in general suck on consoles..

Huge RPGs, ok yea, but the graphics AREN'T GOOD

I don't care what you say, the Xbox and the PS2 can't even TOUCH what i've got [img]tongue.gif[/img]

A nice... big... 3 Ghx PC... with Nvidia Geforce4 or better... You just plain can't touch this!

[img]tongue.gif[/img] That's all I'm saying... Consoles ae a waste of time and energy adn money, People who play phantasy star online for the DREAMCAST had to invest about 3,000 dollars into it in all to keep their characters alive [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Im talking Keybaords, controllers, Updates, downloads, play time accounts, improved benefits, phone assistance, re-purchasing the game after a hacker gets you banned, repurchasing your system and a whole new game just so your characters can live and you then have to make the service call to reset your account which only costs more money, then you want improved cable modems, Cable ISPs, and about 80000 human hours of playtime to achieve level 200 and say "I quit!"

FOR WHAT!?

[img]smile.gif[/img] that's just my point about Consoles and Games in general, and you can say your X box live service or yoru PS2 ISP is great, and guess what, I DONT CARE, because I can have ANY damn ISP I want, and I can use any peripherials and can CREATE videogames and MODIFY my games as I please, without worying abotu my graphics EVER.. and i mean EVER!!! slowing down... hence the PC rules all ^_^

*Thumbs down all consoles*

There you got a rant out of me [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll be sure to not repeat myself for the rest of the year, so please heed my words carefully...

[ 03-21-2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]