Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2001, 07:48 AM   #21
Zbyszek

I prefer Mozarts Requiem. It is outstanding [img]smile.gif[/img]
And Beethoven 5th Symphonie: Violins (different kinds) and drums in first part, violins and trumpets in third!

I have made mistake before: chorus is from Nabucco and from Aida there is a nice march.

And for Melusine from "Le nozze di Figaro"
SUSANNA:
Open, quickly, open;
open, it's Susanna.
Come out, now, come out
come on out of there
CHERUBINO(entering)
Oh, dear, what a terrible scene!
What a disaster!
S:
This way, that way..
CH:
What a disaster!
S,Ch:
The doors are locke.
What will happen next?
Ch:
No usestaying here.
S:
He'll kill you if he finds you.
Ch looking out of the window)
Look down here a moment
(getting ready to jump)
it opens on the garden
S:
Wait, Cherubino,
wait, for pit's sake!
Ch:
No use stying here,
S:
Wait Cherubino!
Ch:
He will kill me if he finds me.
S:
It is to high to jump
Wait, for pity's sake!
Ch:
Leave me, leave me!
To save her
I would leap into flames!
I embrace you for he!
Farewell! So be it!
(He jumps out of the window)
S:
He'll kill himself, ye gods!
Wait, for pity's sake!

And other one:
Count:
Heartless! Why until now
did you leave me to languish?
Susanna:
Sir, every lady
has her time to say yes
C:
Then you will come to the garden?
S:
If it pleases you, i'll come.
C:
And you wont fail me?
S:
No, I won't fail you.
C:
You'll come?
S:
Yes
C:
You won't fail me?
S:
No
C:
You won't fail me?
S:
No, I won't fail you.
Count:
My contented heart
now feels full of joy!
S:
Forgive me if I am lying,
all you who understand love's ways!
C:
Then you'll come to the garden?
If it pleases you, i'll come.
C:
And you wont fail me?
S:
No, I won't fail you.
C:
You'll come?
S:
Yes
C:
You won't fail me?
S:
No
C:
So you'll come?
S:
No!
Count:
No?
S:
I mean, yes, if you wish it.
C:
You won't fail me?
S:
No!
C:
So you'll come?
S:
Yes!
C:
You won't fail me?
S:
Yes!
C:
Yes?
S:
I mean, no, I'll not fail you..
Count:
My contented heart
now feels full of joy!
S:
Forgive me if I am lying,
all you who understand love's ways!

Zbyszek
Old 11-11-2001, 07:49 AM   #22
Zbyszek

Silver Cheetach try concertos!!!

quote:

Jean Sibelius - Violin concerto D minor op. 47
Felix Mendelssohn - Violin concerto E minor op. 64
Tchaikovsky Peter - Piano Concerto no1 B flat minor op. 23
Antonin Dworak - Violin Concerto A minor op. 51
Max Bruch - Violin concerto no1, g minor op. 26
Tchaikovsky Peter - Violin Concerto D major op. 35

Old 11-11-2001, 12:56 PM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Zbyszek: I just said that I loved Die Zauberflöte's libretto, not that I found the others equally brilliant. In fact, I am no huge fan of Mozart's Italian operas in any case, the German-spoken ones just do more for me, maybe because I am half-German myself.

Cheetah: I 'love it love it love it love it' Carmina Burana too... YAY!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's so dazzling, so original, so daring! Don't you just love the solos, the incredible Ego Sum Abbas, that insane soprano solo Dulcissime ( woooooowww) or poignant Olim Lacus Colueram. I love the choir parts as well. My own choir (I'm a soprano) did some performances of the Carmina last year, and it is beautiful to sing as well. Did you by any chance ever listen to Orff's Catulli Carmina (lyrics are poems by Catullus)? We did some parts of that one as well, stunning piece of music. If you don't know it, I'll make a copy for you if you ever come to Amsterdam [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 02:49 PM   #24
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Zbyszek: I just said that I loved Die Zauberflöte's libretto, not that I found the others equally brilliant. In fact, I am no huge fan of Mozart's Italian operas in any case, the German-spoken ones just do more for me, maybe because I am half-German myself.

Cheetah: I 'love it love it love it love it' Carmina Burana too... YAY!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's so dazzling, so original, so daring! Don't you just love the solos, the incredible Ego Sum Abbas, that insane soprano solo Dulcissime ( woooooowww) or poignant Olim Lacus Colueram. I love the choir parts as well. My own choir (I'm a soprano) did some performances of the Carmina last year, and it is beautiful to sing as well. Did you by any chance ever listen to Orff's Catulli Carmina (lyrics are poems by Catullus)? We did some parts of that one as well, stunning piece of music. If you don't know it, I'll make a copy for you if you ever come to Amsterdam [img]smile.gif[/img]

MELUSINE YOU HAVE SUNG THE CARMINA BURANA!!!!!!!! Wow!! Jesus, woman. I am GREEN with ENVY!!!! You're a singer, how fabulous! Ooh, if you're gonna do any more of that please let me know, and I'll time a trip to Holland accordingly. I haven't heard the Carmina Burana live for years. It's the most amazing experience, comparable to seeing the Cirque du Soleil perform. (Well, almost....!! ) I love the whole thing, there is not a note of the Carmina Burana that I could ever get bored with... Hell, I'm going to play it right now!! VERY VERY VERY LOUD!!

I haven't heard the Catulli Carmina. I'm coming to Amsterdam in January, so get the CD warmed up ready!!!! (If any fabulous music happening in January, tell me NOW, before I decide on the date and book my flight...... Please please please.......
Old 11-11-2001, 04:55 PM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

MELUSINE YOU HAVE SUNG THE CARMINA BURANA!!!!!!!! Wow!! Jesus, woman. I am GREEN with ENVY!!!! You're a singer, how fabulous! Ooh, if you're gonna do any more of that please let me know, and I'll time a trip to Holland accordingly. I haven't heard the Carmina Burana live for years. It's the most amazing experience, comparable to seeing the Cirque du Soleil perform. (Well, almost....!! ) I love the whole thing, there is not a note of the Carmina Burana that I could ever get bored with... Hell, I'm going to play it right now!! VERY VERY VERY LOUD!!

I haven't heard the Catulli Carmina. I'm coming to Amsterdam in January, so get the CD warmed up ready!!!! (If any fabulous music happening in January, tell me NOW, before I decide on the date and book my flight...... Please please please.......

ROTFL!! Whoa, you do really love the Carmina Burana as much as I do! *wide smile* Well, my choir usually does one project each half year, our next performance is in two weeks (ackkk we're doing Eisler's Die Mutter, after Berthold Brecht's play based on Gorki's novel and it's quite a challenging piece. PLus I have a really really minor insignificant speaking part in it -two lines- which makes me really nervous nevertheless ). Anyway we did the Carmina last January (we're about a top-level amateur choir here in Holland) and it was received pretty well, so now we're recording the whole piece for on of the major radio stations in May in Utrecht. [img]smile.gif[/img] *stops herself before Cheetah bursts from envy* Sowwy
Anyway I'll burn a copy of Catulli Carmina for you for when you visit Amsterdam, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img] You're right, Carmina Burana is so impressive when seen performed live! It really makes me literally shiver or even cry ... wow! I loved singing it as well, it's such a powerful feeling... especially when in the middle of all those sopranos squealing on top of their lungs, LOL. Orff can be nasty with all those high notes, ouch. The last performance we did was in the "Concertgebouw" in Amsterdam... that was soooo amazing! Wish you could have been there [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll check if there's any other musical happenings in Amsterdam in January, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 05:17 PM   #26
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:

ROTFL!! Whoa, you do really love the Carmina Burana as much as I do! *wide smile* Well, my choir usually does one project each half year, our next performance is in two weeks (ackkk we're doing Eisler's Die Mutter, after Berthold Brecht's play based on Gorki's novel and it's quite a challenging piece. PLus I have a really really minor insignificant speaking part in it -two lines- which makes me really nervous nevertheless ). Anyway we did the Carmina last January (we're about a top-level amateur choir here in Holland) and it was received pretty well, so now we're recording the whole piece for on of the major radio stations in May in Utrecht. [img]smile.gif[/img] *stops herself before Cheetah bursts from envy* Sowwy
Anyway I'll burn a copy of Catulli Carmina for you for when you visit Amsterdam, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img] You're right, Carmina Burana is so impressive when seen performed live! It really makes me literally shiver or even cry ... wow! I loved singing it as well, it's such a powerful feeling... especially when in the middle of all those sopranos squealing on top of their lungs, LOL. Orff can be nasty with all those high notes, ouch. The last performance we did was in the "Concertgebouw" in Amsterdam... that was soooo amazing! Wish you could have been there [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll check if there's any other musical happenings in Amsterdam in January, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Melusine, would really appreciate it. I've been to the Concertgebouw a number of times - also the Westekerk (sp), heard Schubert's Stabat Mater there, if I remember rightly. High notes are cool - I love to sing, though I'm nothing special, and I'm a soprano. On a good day, that is... In a choir!!! WOW!! You don't know a lady called Magreet Groot, do you by any chance, she's in a v. good choir also, but I don't know which one. Maybe it could be yours.... She's a lovely lady about 65, with grey hair and glasses, and she's a reflexologist!

On the bursting with envy front - sorry, far too late... :Cheetah's higher self looks down sadly at the mess on the floor and delegates a lesser angel to clear up:
Old 11-11-2001, 05:39 PM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:

Thanks Melusine, would really appreciate it. I've been to the Concertgebouw a number of times - also the Westekerk (sp), heard Schubert's Stabat Mater there, if I remember rightly. High notes are cool - I love to sing, though I'm nothing special, and I'm a soprano. On a good day, that is... In a choir!!! WOW!! You don't know a lady called Magreet Groot, do you by any chance, she's in a v. good choir also, but I don't know which one. Maybe it could be yours.... She's a lovely lady about 65, with grey hair and glasses, and she's a reflexologist!

On the bursting with envy front - sorry, far too late... :Cheetah's higher self looks down sadly at the mess on the floor and delegates a lesser angel to clear up:

Margreet Groot doesn't sound familiar, but our choir mostly has younger members, it is a university choir in name, so most people are in the age of 25-35. She is a reflexologist? I was treated by a reflexologist recently. Wasn't her though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stabat Mater in the Westerkerk - I saw that one announced but couldn't go *puts a cross on her own envy list *
I can understand you love to sing, it's such a great feeling! I'm not too special either, you know [img]smile.gif[/img] You should join a choir some time then...it's wonderful! The Concertgebouw is beautiful, isn't it? It was actually my first time there. It's so dreadfully expensive, I really can't afford it. The have free lunch concerts but the trip's just a bit too long unfortunately. Do you know the Stopera as well? Lots of ballet there. My mom took me and my sister there once, to Cinderella. My sister, who is in a choir as well, sung in the choir for the Nutcracker there when she was younger and I went to that show a couple of times as well...very lovely [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 05:55 PM   #28
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:

Margreet Groot doesn't sound familiar, but our choir mostly has younger members, it is a university choir in name, so most people are in the age of 25-35. She is a reflexologist? I was treated by a reflexologist recently. Wasn't her though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stabat Mater in the Westerkerk - I saw that one announced but couldn't go *puts a cross on her own envy list *
I can understand you love to sing, it's such a great feeling! I'm not too special either, you know [img]smile.gif[/img] You should join a choir some time then...it's wonderful! The Concertgebouw is beautiful, isn't it? It was actually my first time there. It's so dreadfully expensive, I really can't afford it. The have free lunch concerts but the trip's just a bit too long unfortunately. Do you know the Stopera as well? Lots of ballet there. My mom took me and my sister there once, to Cinderella. My sister, who is in a choir as well, sung in the choir for the Nutcracker there when she was younger and I went to that show a couple of times as well...very lovely [img]smile.gif[/img]

I did sing in a harmony group for a while, but in the end I had to choose between that and my 5 rhythms dance because the evenings clashed, and the dance won! But I'd like to start again some time...

The Concertgebouw is great. When I was in Amsterdam I was working as a contractor, so no worries on the money front. These days, I have to be more careful. I haven't been to the Stopera.

I must confess, I don't really care for ballet. I *love* African music and dance - went to Rhythm Sticks week at the South Bank a few months ago, saw an AMAZING Nigerian outfit, with the biggest woman you ever saw, powerful amazing voice, and dead sexy. It's the first time in my life I have ever longed to have bigger hips and a huge bum. That woman could move like .... wow. We all got up and danced down the front of the stage (when I say we all, I mean about 30 out of 400. This is England

I like a lot of South American stuff also - wanna go to Cuba for the carnival..... Any music that moves your hips all by itself is good with me. Ballet is very stylised and formal, and it doesn't 'take' me with it, if you know what I mean. I find it a little cold - although I can see that it is beautiful, the beauty doesn't touch my heart...
Old 11-11-2001, 06:32 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:

I did sing in a harmony group for a while, but in the end I had to choose between that and my 5 rhythms dance because the evenings clashed, and the dance won! But I'd like to start again some time...

The Concertgebouw is great. When I was in Amsterdam I was working as a contractor, so no worries on the money front. These days, I have to be more careful. I haven't been to the Stopera.

I must confess, I don't really care for ballet. I *love* African music and dance - went to Rhythm Sticks week at the South Bank a few months ago, saw an AMAZING Nigerian outfit, with the biggest woman you ever saw, powerful amazing voice, and dead sexy. It's the first time in my life I have ever longed to have bigger hips and a huge bum. That woman could move like .... wow. We all got up and danced down the front of the stage (when I say we all, I mean about 30 out of 400. This is England

I like a lot of South American stuff also - wanna go to Cuba for the carnival..... Any music that moves your hips all by itself is good with me. Ballet is very stylised and formal, and it doesn't 'take' me with it, if you know what I mean. I find it a little cold - although I can see that it is beautiful, the beauty doesn't touch my heart...

I can see what you mean, and I though I have done ballet as a child, I've never been a huge fan of it. But I guess you need to see it performed to really judge about it. I found the performances I saw very beautiful indeed, and not cold or stylised. That is just the idea most people get when they hear the word ballet (me included), but similarly, there are lots of people who think of "stuffy" "boring" "old-fashioned" when they think of classical music, and we both know Orff isn't exactly stuffy or, God forbid, boring (though I know that it is also considered trendy to listen to classical music, especially among teens, it was just an example [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Anyway, the shows I saw were especially lively and enjoyable because children danced in it - it really wasn't as stylised and stiff ads you'd expect.

LOL - I can imagine what attracts you about African music though, and I for one, having been slender all my life, wouldn't mind one of those bums myself *snigger* nor the incredible powerful voices that a lot of black singers have. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 07:15 PM   #30
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:

I can see what you mean, and I though I have done ballet as a child, I've never been a huge fan of it. But I guess you need to see it performed to really judge about it. I found the performances I saw very beautiful indeed, and not cold or stylised. That is just the idea most people get when they hear the word ballet (me included), but similarly, there are lots of people who think of "stuffy" "boring" "old-fashioned" when they think of classical music, and we both know Orff isn't exactly stuffy or, God forbid, boring (though I know that it is also considered trendy to listen to classical music, especially among teens, it was just an example [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Anyway, the shows I saw were especially lively and enjoyable because children danced in it - it really wasn't as stylised and stiff ads you'd expect.

LOL - I can imagine what attracts you about African music though, and I for one, having been slender all my life, wouldn't mind one of those bums myself *snigger* nor the incredible powerful voices that a lot of black singers have. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I guess you're right - I shouldn't judge ballet by a couple of rather formalised TV shows! I've never been to a live performance, I have to admit......

And yeah, I want one of those voices too.... (I'll take a rain check on the bum... thinking about it. As a cheetah, it would slow me down too much!! [img]smile.gif[/img]