Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 08:25 AM   #131
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Regarding your baseball team, I can only reply with a resounding "Ha!!"
During the summer months, I am a Phillies season ticket holder. Perhaps Bobby Cox can go back to his career as a squeegee guy cleaning windows in Atlanta.

I understand the disappointment though. I was dissapointed in my Phillies when they lost to the Braves.

I see your "Ha!!" and I raise you a !

We must chat again soon re: the story. I have some interesting ideas brewing in this overwrought brain o'mine. Want and need your input.

P.S.: Azure, Mil - you are welcome to join in anytime. It promises to be a very interesting story....

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-23-2001, 10:02 AM   #132
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Hiram, dear...didn't want to off-topic Moiraine's thread. So.....I absolutely adore geneology.

In case you forgot - I, too, was born in the year of the rooster (which kinda freaks me out now that I know what our name means) *doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo*

We know that our family was once French nobility. Thus the reason I was asking M to help me find a good site to search. She's a dear. Also traced us back to Charlemagne on my Mom's side (I think she said it's on our 'Johnson' lineage). Also, we've traced another line back to Maximillian (who was placed on Spain's throne by Napoleon III. Max was Austrian! ). I'm beginning to trace the DeCook line (as I don't think there will be any more with that last name from us - not many children and no males to carry the name). I want something to show future generations. Plus, being involved with the SCA, I'd like to use my own CoA on my shield in battles.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:29 AM   #133
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Hiram, dear...didn't want to off-topic Moiraine's thread. So.....I absolutely adore geneology.

In case you forgot - I, too, was born in the year of the rooster (which kinda freaks me out now that I know what our name means) *doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo*

We know that our family was once French nobility. Thus the reason I was asking M to help me find a good site to search. She's a dear. Also traced us back to Charlemagne on my Mom's side (I think she said it's on our 'Johnson' lineage). Also, we've traced another line back to Maximillian (who was placed on Spain's throne by Napoleon III. Max was Austrian! ). I'm beginning to trace the DeCook line (as I don't think there will be any more with that last name from us - not many children and no males to carry the name). I want something to show future generations. Plus, being involved with the SCA, I'd like to use my own CoA on my shield in battles.
That is excellent!! I wish I had my coat of arms in JPEG format. I'll search for it on the internet. I won't supply my last name here but I did some research on the other names in my family ie Weisenberger and Daglish. My grandfather and grandmother met during WWII in England. She was English and he was American. He brought her home to America in 1945, and she was his "war bride". Since she was from Burmingham, she had a very strong accent that thoroughly confused her neighbors (neighbours).

If you find some interesting and free websites, please let me know.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-23-2001, 10:36 AM   #134
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
That is excellent!! I wish I had my coat of arms in JPEG format. I'll search for it on the internet. I won't supply my last name here but I did some research on the other names in my family ie Weisenberger and Daglish. My grandfather and grandmother met during WWII in England. She was English and he was American. He brought her home to America in 1945, and she was his "war bride". Since she was from Burmingham, she had a very strong accent that thoroughly confused her neighbors (neighbours).

If you find some interesting and free websites, please let me know.
Neat stuff there! As I'm sure my great-grandparents were not well understood, either, I can understand her situation. I relish the thought of going to France and Holland to find info on my family (and to hear an authentic Dutch accent. )

If I find some interesting stuff, I'll certainly let you know!
Old 10-23-2001, 11:08 AM   #135
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I'm going ahead with the story. Give me a half hour.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-23-2001, 11:24 AM   #136
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Preparing themselves for any outcome in freeing the 'statue' from stone, Breanna hands the potion to Neb, the sorcerer, as she is not tall enough to reach the top of it. Neb then proceeds in pouring the contents of the potion bottle over the head of the statue. The statue smokes and rocks back and forth, finally to be totally enshrouded by the smoke. When the smoke clears, the group sees before them.....

OOC: Encard, dear, can you fill us in please? Not a lot of action, just explanation of who your character is and how you got here and why.

Also, Hiram, isn't it about time for you to wake up.

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-22-2001).]
...a robed figure. The person looks around and immediately falls to the ground. Breanna then stoops over the obviously human mage and uses some herbs to revive him. The mage opens his eyes and sees Neb, Breanna, and Hiram standing over him, looking very concerned. “Where am I?” the mage asks sleepily. “You are in a safe place, stranger” Breanna replies. “What is your name and how did you come to be here?” Neb asks. “I am called Encard and I was imprisoned by a group of people a while back, I think. Do you have some food?” Hiram then fetches some dried meat and some cheese. “Ere you go, mageling.” Iffin yer thinkin ta cause sum trouble, then ye found the wrong group.” Hiram grumbled at the stranger. Encard looks at Hiram and raises his eyebrow. “I assure you that I have noble intent, good dwarf.” With that said, Encard got slowly to his feet and started to eat some food. He then looks at the wounds on Neb and nods knowlingly. “ I see they are after you too. “ Encard whispers. “I’m sure you are curious about my story and why I came to be petrified.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-23-2001, 12:31 PM   #137
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Good job, Hiram! I was a bit stuck there, I have to admit. Who's turn is it now? Neb's, I think.......NEB! Yo! () Seph, need more on you, too. You're still just a 'stranger' to us, as is Encard.

P.S. - Per your actions in the other thread - you didn't have to delete your post there. I just didn't want it to go too off-topic by continuing a conversation she'd already heard from me. (She and I chatted on MSN the other evening and so she'd heard all that I was going to post, so I moved it.) I just didn't want anyone to miss the point of her thread if they saw all the other chatter. It STILL managed to degrade, but by that time, she'd gotten the offer of help she was looking for. Just don't feel you need to go and delete things all the time. You weren't intruding, sweetie. s'okay.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:21 PM   #138
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Thank yew, ma'am!!

HADB thread to Neb. Paging Neb. You are needed for some nebbing.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #139
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
...a robed figure. The person looks around and immediately falls to the ground. Breanna then stoops over the obviously human mage and uses some herbs to revive him. The mage opens his eyes and sees Neb, Breanna, and Hiram standing over him, looking very concerned. “Where am I?” the mage asks sleepily. “You are in a safe place, stranger” Breanna replies. “What is your name and how did you come to be here?” Neb asks. “I am called Encard and I was imprisoned by a group of people a while back, I think. Do you have some food?” Hiram then fetches some dried meat and some cheese. “Ere you go, mageling.” Iffin yer thinkin ta cause sum trouble, then ye found the wrong group.” Hiram grumbled at the stranger. Encard looks at Hiram and raises his eyebrow. “I assure you that I have noble intent, good dwarf.” With that said, Encard got slowly to his feet and started to eat some food. He then looks at the wounds on Neb and nods knowlingly. “ I see they are after you too. “ Encard whispers. “I’m sure you are curious about my story and why I came to be petrified.
Neb leans over to DM and whispers to her, "I don't think we should trust this mage overly much, he could have been sent here to gain our trust and then betray us, don't act as if you suspect him of anything though, for he might attack us if he suspects we suspect anything."

Old 10-23-2001, 02:38 PM   #140
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Hiram leans up to DM and whispers in her ear. "You beleive in the hereafter? Then you know what I'm here after"

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB